Shave of the day w/c Saturday 5th December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shave today. Yesterdays was rubbish, and irritated me when i rubbed my face. Had to rush in the bathroom.
Anyway:
Merkur HD
Personna Blue blade(dont think im liking these, first bade from the pack im using from when i got my razor)
Wilkinson brush
Wilkinson soap

A nice shave, not as smooth as i had got with my cheaper DE, but it had different blades in, so think im going to wack one of those in(Boots own brand, which are Israelis). Ordering a sample pack when i know how much money i got left in my account.

hunnymonster said:
Saturday

My own ASB is at "stage 1" - witch hazel, aloe gel & glycerine are in a bottle - needs some serious shaking to get it to mix though :?

Ah, but witch hazel, aloe vera gel and glycerine does not a balm make...

To get a balm you need at least some emulsifiers, and maybe a little oil. Plus mixing in homebrew cosmetics, or whipping up a cream from oil, water and emulsifiers, is preferably done with a stick blender...

Henk

Monday

Muhle R41
Shark SS (4)
Semogue 1305
WARS Cream

Tabac AS
Nivea ASB

Very nice. As good a day 4 from a blade as I've had but I'm not going for day 5. There's nowt like a new blade!

I need to use more to make a worthwhile judgement but the Shark Super Stainless, from our chum in Istanbul, has impressed me greatly. Made in Egypt by the good people at Lord, I believe.

Flairtip Rocket ("Made In England")
Derby Extra
MWF
Vintage Best Badger Simpson
Neal's Yard asb
"Dark Rose" by Czech & Speake

Two-pass shave (wtg & atg) with a xtg and blade-buffing under the nose and on the chin (I like to kill my "goatee"; it's my morning sacrifice)

Just giving MWF a go for the first time; this is my second day using it and it's a bit disappointing. Quite a "dry" shave, not well-lubricated. Maybe I need clay or glycerine these days as well as tallow? I'm used to a more cushioning layer next to the skin

But the BIG mistake was splashing a 5ml sampler of "Dark Rose" by Czech & Speake all over my chops. Bugger me if it isn't PERFUME, a very very girly smell. Sweet, sickly, cloying and very very feminine. Oh well, live and learn. I now smell like a florists with added joss-sticks. Hello boys!

Rev-O said:
Flairtip Rocket ("Made In England")But the BIG mistake was splashing a 5ml sampler of "Dark Rose" by Czech & Speake all over my chops. Bugger me if it isn't PERFUME, a very very girly smell. Sweet, sickly, cloying and very very feminine. Oh well, live and learn. I now smell like a florists with added joss-sticks. Hello boys!

Not sure if you've used the most appropriate expession of alarm here Ollie. It may well bring a tear to your eye!

:D

hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:
I need to use more to make a worthwhile judgement but the Shark Super Stainless, from our chum in Istanbul, has impressed me greatly. Made in Egypt by the good people at Lord, I believe.

They are indeed made in Egypt - one of Lord's multitude of brands (Lord, Big Ben, Shark, Asco, Racer, Silver Star,...)

So we can safely assume that the Lords do move in mysterious ways?

:shock:

I'll get my coat.........................................

Monday for me
Merkur HD
New Boots own brand blade(Israeli)
Wilkinson sword brush
Wilkinson Sword soap(got to get some new soap, some coming for xmas from parents i hope)
Nivea aftershave balm.

Lovely shave, very very smooth face, but a weird smoothness on the neck.
Still a lovely shave :cool:

Monday

ARKO Shave Stick
Semogue 1470
Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed Z-3
Astra Super Platinum D4
Alum
Proraso AS

This blade is good for one more shave, for sure.

Tuesday

Merkur 37C
Astra SP (1)
Semogue 2000
ToBS, Mr Taylor, Cream

Old Spice AS
Nivea ASB

An eagerly anticipated debut for the HD Slant this morning. Very smooth, not at all as scary as its reputation. Candidly brethren, a mild shave; very pleased indeed.

I used some of Seaton Delaval's finest to add a seasonal sparkle to the performance.

:shave

Tuesday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
Vulfix VS-3
D.R. Harris Marlborough Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back