3 pass shave with touch ups. DFS/BBS.

Sunday
Mühle R89
Israeli (2)
Travel Super Badger
Nanny's Citrus
Coral Skin Food
Moisteriser

DFS/BBS. I'd been getting mixed results with the Nanny's soap, mainly due to my ability to generate enough lather properly. I thought I'd try my smaller travel brush as I'm considering taking this with Nanny's when I go away later in the year. Possibly down to the change of brush, I had more lather than I needed. I just wanted to continue shaving my face to use all the lather. Most ended up down the sink.

Sunday

Merkur HD Classic 34C
Kai (#1)
Cella soap
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush
Alum block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Starting to be in two minds about the Kai blades. They leave my face feeling very raw in a way that Feathers never do - it's almost as if they have some kind of built-in irritant. Never had the issue when I first started using them but as time goes on it seems to be happening with every use in a variety of razors. Very strange - though I know that Sonny had a bad time using them so it's not just me. Anyone else having issues with them?

Sunday

A red theme today. DR Harris Rose in particular. Vie Long debut - see review. First day of a Gillette Swede. Very nice.

5-11.jpg

Busy day what with England v Japan (we were lucky) Grand Prix (We were lucky) Cricket - not so good.

Sunday 05-30-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - English Gillette Red Tip - Astra Superior Platinum #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASB Weleda.

Afeitado30-05-10002.jpg

Afeitado30-05-10003.jpg

Two pics today. My first shave with MWF, a splendid and wonderful shaving soap. The leather has been very abundant, moisturizing and protective. Perfect. :D

Sunday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Big Ben (1)
Omega 81056
Palmolive Soap
Boots Forest Fresh AS

Not quite back in the land of the living [3 weeks with this cold], and after last week where a razor broke, my Kent VS30 knot came out and I sliced my face with my ER Featherweight I had a very good shave tonight.

TTFN

Tony

Tony_B said:
Sunday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Big Ben (1)
Omega 81056
Palmolive Soap
Boots Forest Fresh AS

Not quite back in the land of the living [3 weeks with this cold], and after last week where a razor broke, my Kent VS30 knot came out and I sliced my face with my ER Featherweight I had a very good shave tonight.

TTFN

Tony

Poor old Tony, what a rotten time you've had of it lately! That cold sounds more like "man flu,"or even the real thing to me. 3 weeks is a long time for a common cold! Then all the rest of the stuff on top! You must be really down. Anyway, cheer up, summer is just round the corner, and better times are bound to be ahead. :D

spandex..

Monday
Feather Artist Club razor / Professional blade (shave #2)
Semogue 1305 brush
Tabac shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave (Shulton)

Pre: Shower
Razor: Oxford
Brush: Custom 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Omega
Post. Proraso
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: ROMA 45 vintage

Nice shave, but razor needs touch up. Omega gives such a nice menthol burst :D . I´m going to read your review Fido, you bought the very brush I´m very interested in.
43260d1275292567-sotd-sun-may-30th-sat-june-05th-snb11717.jpg

Monday
Hot towel
Gillette flare adjustable/Tesco own label 2( 2 day growth and on No.4 setting it wasnt good
so put on 2 and it felt really smooth)
Ever ready 12a/TRS Professional lather cream( only a couple of ££ but surprisingly good cream)
Alum
Nivea replenishing ASB
A good shave with very smooth result :)
regards,beejay

Monday
Mühle R89
Israeli Blade (3)
Super badger travel brush
Nanny's Citrus
Alum
Coral skin food
Moisteriser

DFS+. I didn't get a great volume of lather this morning, enough for 2 passes plus touch up, which is all I needed in the end. I almost used a M3 today, pleased I didn't.

Enjoy the rainy bank holiday.

Monday

Futur (2)
Astra Platinum (3 - I think)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Speick Soap
Alum
Speick AS
Nivea ASB

First use of the Speick Soap. Lovely! Loads of effortless lather and a comfortable shave. Topped by the AS which also makes the face feel good. I used the Nivea out of habit rather than necessity today.

Have a nice start to the week gents.

Monday

USA Special Straight, Erasmic shavestick, vulfix 2235, alum, Aquatonic AS

Probably my longest ever shave, spent the thick end of an hour practising wielding a straight! Its becoming easier but with 2 days growth to get shot my under chin area and moustache are still rough! Made a very poor lather with the Erasmic shave stick (too little soap) which won't have helped, Its the tallow version but I think I'll grate it into a bowl like I have with Palmolive.

Gradually working out what works for me and becoming accustomed to changing hands etc. On the plus side some areas of my face are very smooth and my new (old) strop improved the edge a bit.

Monday

Gillette Flair Tipped SS
Iridium D5
RVC 2 Band
Proraso Soap
Alum
Proraso ASL

The Proraso had the desired effect on this stinking hot Houston morning. It is also an old favourite of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom