Thursday

Merkur 34C
Feather (3)
No Name Badger Brush
Old Spice Fresh Lime Cream

Alum
Aqua Velva
Boots Freshwood ASB

Started to get a bit hairy (no pun) towards the touch up pass so used a gillette blue II to finish off touch ups. I don't know if it was the feather reaching the cliff edge or the cream (lather was a bit more on the wet side than usual) will just need to keep an eye out at the start of next shave.

Thursday

30's Gillette New OC
Gillette 7 O'clock yellow (2)
GFT Coconut
Cold water AS mix for rinse
GFT Coral then Moiteriser

CCS. Only done a WTG and XTG pass with light touch-ups.

Back from Dolgellau, where the weather was shite and I didn't manage to get out to get any aircraft photography done.

Shaved up to yesterday morning with:

Bic Sensitive
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Palmolive Stick
L'Occitane asb

The water was so soft out there, that I had to make a drastic reduction in the amount of soap used to get a lather, or else is all went a bit crap.

Ian

AJP said:
My first use of Proraso. Not sure i am keen on the cooling tingle on the face, though will try it again when it is warmer here. It may be nicer then.

:D The sudden cold snap was probably not the best day to do a first proaso outing Tony - you'll be loving it soon enough though im sure

Thursday

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Israeli Blade [x3]
Founders Reserve Pre-shave Oil
Real Shaving Co. Professional Cream [I love this stuff, even though it was so cheap in Poundland]
Trumpers Skin Food - Coral
Trufitt & Hill Extract of Limes Aftershave

I'm finding the Chatsworth to be a very fine razor overall, even with blades I'd previously dismissed.

Thursday 31-03-10.

Soap from Marseille - Semogue 830 boar hair brush - 1947 Gillette Milord - Feather #4 - Irish Moos stick - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Weleda.

Afeitado1abril2010001.jpg

Thursday

1951 Black-tip SuperSpeed "W4", Kai blade, TOBS Sandalwood cream, Kent BK4, Boots Witch hazel, Jasper Conran Man AS Balm, Tabac AS (sprinkled into the balm before applying)

I've been smelling wonderful all day - the Tabac-infused balm seems to keep the scent on the skin far longer.

CIMG2781.JPG

Thursday

Shave 2

Gillette Knack
NOS 1981 B4 Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (English) (2)
Kent VS30
Wilkinson Sword Blue bowl
Umbro Power AS

As I'm lucky (or unlucky to some) to have a very fast beard growth, which means even if I have a DFS in the early morning I can shave again in the evening, so tonight I did just that to try the Knack out, its very similar to my G1000, infact I think the heads the same, the Knack wins over the G1000 by its balance, even with a plastic handle it has a nice balance coupled with the 7 O'Clock No 2 DFS was had today :shave .

Have a nice and pleasant evening Gents.

Tony

Good Friday-- Average shave

Hot towel,
Proraso/ Tweezerman ( courtesy of Fido, thanks Peter. Used this a few times now and would describe it as prickly cute :) )
EJ ED87/ Astra
Alum
Alt Innsbruck (still not sure about this but as the good lady is off visiting for Easter I can only offend myself)
Ok shave but Ive had better.
More coffee before going to play in the workshop.
beejay

Good Friday

EJ DE89L
Israeli Personna (4)
EJ Pure
Ingram's Cream

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

Now that's what I like to call a menthol kick! You do need to use a liberal amount of Ingram's but (wow!!) it is worth it. Topped off with the Proraso twins you certainly feel fresh!

Have a great holiday break gentlemen.

:shave

Friday

Merkur Slanthammer
Iridium
Kent Soap
Nivea asb (Cool Kick variety)
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

48 hours of beard gone. Nice.

Ian

Friday

Ernst Melcher straight (for cheeks and side of neck)
EJ Chatsworth
Shaving Shack blade (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
Trumpers Limes Cream
Alum
Adidas AS (red)
Gibellini ASB.

The Adidas is suprisingly good for a cheaper end AS - def got some menthol in there too.
Still struggling to master the straight in anything other than WTG on the cheeks and side of neck, hence why i then moved onto the EJ. On the 1st pass, the straight does feel like it is pulling though - may have to ask advice elsewhere!
The combination has given me a DFS+ shave - which is nice!!

Have a nice holiday guys, enjoy the Hot Cross Buns ;)

Friday

30's Gillette New OC
Gillette 7 O'clock yellow (3)
Pure Badger Brush
Penhaligons Opus 1870 cream
Cold water rinse then AS *
GFT Coral
GFT Moisteriser

I was going to claim a BBS today, then found a few patches, so a DFS.

* a few posts of water mixed with after shave and balm/moisteriser mixed with AS, more the latter. I tend to mix AS with cold water for my rinse. This seems to work well. Today I tried to do the cold water rinse then after shave, which stung a little. This led me to conclude that for me, mixing AS with cold water is the way to go. I don't tend to mix AS with my moisteriser anymore.

Good Friday - GREAT SHAVE :D

Somerset shaving oil
Taylor St Jamescream
Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip :hungrig
Derby Blade
Alum block
Lacura Duo Lift for men

:shave WTG - XTG - XTG :shave

Looking and feeling damn good :D

Gave my ever so 'umble New Forest Best Badger prototype another runout . This knot is really excellent and more like silvertip than the usual best badger. Not so happy with the 1918 Single Ring Gillette, this little open comb needs to be used with so much more care than my trusty Chatsworth. But with a little help from TOBS Mr Taylor and DR Harris Milk a great shave.

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom