Monday:

Hot towel
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cream
New Forest 2201
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cologne

Going from a Feather blade to a Derby meant an additional pass (two passes with a Feather = three with a Derby), but still a close and comfortable shave.
I found a shop in Lyndhurst (capital of the New Forest) at the weekend which sells ToBS and MWF. They had a selection of brushes as well, but I was in a bit of a rush. When I get the opportunity I'll go back and have a proper mooch around.

Regards

Ian

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: C V Heljestrand MK 24, 11/16
Brush: New Forest
Soap/cream: Scheerzeep Sandalwood Vetiver
AS: English Leather
Strop: Neil Miller linen/buffallo 30/60
Result: Very clean
It puzzles me, the Heljestrands and sizes. I didn´t think the MK 24 should be a 11/16, but this one is, spot on (and not a 4/8). Lovely blade and lovely shave though. I´m getting better to handle Henks soap, vetiver smelled like peas to me. After some good info from Henk I slowly, with a well shock brush, wirled up some nice lather. Very protective and nice. I´m with Olie on this one, Henks soaps are the good stuff and close to Nannys in performence (I´m no expert, so please don´t take my oppinions as the truth though).

Monday

White proraso pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Trumpers coconut cream
Laurel OC + feather (1)
Alum
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso ASB

Didnt shave at weekend, so missed out on using shavette will aim to do so next weekend.
Thought with the Laurel being mild, I would try a feather. Very smooth shave, but some sting from the alum, and some redness. Having tried feathers in a few razors, I am finally convinced they are not the blade for me.

Love the coconut cream

Monday

Wanted to try my tech, since everyone talkes about it..

So todays shave:

Razor: Gillette Tech Fat handle
Soap: l'Occitanie Cade
Brush: Simpson Beaufort B1
Blade: Gillette Super Thin
ASB: Nivea Sensitive
AS: Aqua Velva

Overal impression, good functional razor, but one that doesn't "do it" for me, I got a mighty fine shave,
but like the 34C I've mentioned elsewhere, I don't seem to bond with this one.
I also seem to hone in on my soap preferences, I'm more a soft soap kind of guy I think.

Anyways, conclusion, DFS, but not a lot of "fun".

FB.

Monday - exactly the same as yesterday minus the skin food and 3 crowns

Fitjar soap This is working well for me.
WS Classic loaded with an Astra (3) Not sold on Astras, just a bit "meh". Maybe it's the classic that's the problem.

Is my beard growth slowing down? Seem to have less to shave every day.. :shock:

Good afternoon,

Simple face wash
Tabac shaving soap
Frank shaving badger brush
Feather and Futur
Coral skin food
Hugo Boss Hugo cologne

I subconsciously haven't used Tabac soap for most of the summer, not sure why, but it was nice to be acquainted with the old lather monster again.

Thanks

FrenchBlade said:
...good functional razor, but one that doesn't "do it" for me... ...I don't seem to bond with this one...
Exactly the same here. I also find the angle required different to the one we use while handling a Merkur or a SS, and to this I haven't got used to yet.

Monday

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette Super Thin blade
NF2001 brush
SCS Sun-bleached wood cream
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

Excellent shave, but disaster struck when drying the razor after. I managed to gouge a deep cut into my thumb (cutting through a thick towel in the process). About 5 minutes of profuse bleeding, then a plaster. Then off to work...

Monday PM

Fat Tech
Lord Platinum x 4
Semogue 2000
PalmSword soap
Alum - took the heid aff a plook :roll:
English Leather splash

getting near the end for the blade
managed ATG with the fatty, which is unusual as i can only usually do that with an ally tech or my Feather Pop

Monday

Brush- NF2201
Soap- Cella
Razor- Gold Micromatic
AS- Floid Blue

First go with my micromatic Very good three pass shave nearly bbs(did not want to push it on first outing)
Floid a first as well nice smell and does job its meant to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.