Not open for further replies.
Wednesday/Thursday midnight shave.

Edwin Jagger DE89
Derby Extra (2)
Vulfix 404 Boar
Boots soap (tub)
Boots Freshwood ASB
Givenchy Xeryus AS

Second go with this razor and made the best lather so far. Very satisfying shave, no nicks or cuts to speak of, much greater consistency of closeness across the whole face and gradually learning how to tackle the tricky bits on my chin and neck area. Now time for a whisky.

Wednesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF, lather & massage face followed by a hot towel.
Soap: Provence Sante.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 5/8ths Double Duck Wonderedge (measures 11/16ths).
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

A quacking good shave!

Attachments

• 5-8ths Wonderedge.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 49
Blyth Spirit said:
Very nice indeed, the OS cream is fabulous but why do they not market it properly in the UK? These companies never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity!

Same reason P&G stopped distributing Gillette Platinum Blades (aka Swedes) after they took over Gillette - they sell so few of them that it will cost them income because they've filled up a space in the warehouse that could hold some Gillette Superduper Toxic Green stuff that sells more units at a higher unit price.

Thursday

Gillette SS
Feather (4)
Kent BK8
TOBS Lavender Cream
Aqua Velva

Meh - quite enjoying feathers now... nothing to be scared of if your technique is up to scratch.

Thursday

'66 Gillette Superspeed
Iridium Super
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper's Rose Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

Ian

Thursday.

GEM Junior
GEM Personna blade
Semogue 1305
Fitjar Bee My Honey
Alum
Witchazel w/ aloe
Irisch Moos

I put a couple of drops of lavender EO into the bowl - not bad.

Thursday evening

Merkur 34C HD
Personna Red (4) <---- last day methinks
Semogue 1305
Tabac
Alum
Boots Freshwood AS
Boots Freshwood ASB

Very close and comfortable shave. Im really enjoying this comfortable shave routine I'm in, even with a tug starting towards the end of the shave.

hunnymonster said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Very nice indeed, the OS cream is fabulous but why do they not market it properly in the UK? These companies never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity!

Same reason P&G stopped distributing Gillette Platinum Blades (aka Swedes) after they took over Gillette - they sell so few of them that it will cost them income because they've filled up a space in the warehouse that could hold some Gillette Superduper Toxic Green stuff that sells more units at a higher unit price.

Thats the way the business works.

Thursday evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF, lather & massage face followed by a hot towel.
Soap: MWF.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 6/8ths Puma 91 (measures 13/16ths).
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

This is a great shaving razor. Nothing like a Puma.

Attachments

• Puma High Class.png
    360 bytes · Views: 16
Merkur 34HD
Iridium Super
Wilkinson Sword brush
TOBS sensitive cream
ISIS ASB
Lovely shave. No irritation. These blades seem quite smooth aswell, and give me quite a good shave.

Friday

Merkur 39C Slant
Iridium Super
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper's Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet edt

There was a bit of Slant discussion yesterday, so seeing that it was 'blade change day' today, I thought I'd fish mine out.
No blood, no burn, and it didn't drink my beer, kick my cats, or kidnap my wife.

Ian

Muehle R41
Derby Extra
Rooney Super
Proraso Soap 'Aloe and Green Tea'
Proraso A/S
Liz Earle A/S/B

Well first outing for a proraso soap and also this flavour.Needless to say it did not disappoint.Very slick, easy to lather and a scent which is hard to put my finger on.I keep having a sniff on my way past.I didn't think there was much menthol in this soap until the cold water rinse, nice tingle and cooldown.Not so strong as the green cream but maybe one you should try Rev, the Mrs may not object to this one.Muehle and Derby combo is still a solid performer.I could quite easily live with this razor/blade and a tub of proraso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom