Shave of the day w/c Saturday 23rd January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-gear: it does look delicate compared to the other, but not all that narrow, so I suppose it probably is the weight. The smaller razor appears to have a slight frown, which isn't likely to help.

Weight indeed. Personal preference varies, but I like a more substantial blade. One doesn't have to wrestle a heaver blade around the face. More than likely why I have no 4/8ths razors. Light beards can use a smaller lighter razor much more easily than those of us with a stiff beard.

Monday evening.

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF, massage lather into beard, hot towel.
Soap: Pre de Provence.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best.
Razor: 13/16ths #13 Filarmonica Doble Temple.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Pinaud Clubman.

All is right with my world!

Attachments

• #13 Filarmonica Doble Temple.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 62
1st shave in ~2 weeks today :shock: please don't ban me.

I didn't shave for a few days and swmbo liked it lots so I was instructed to keep it going. My will power snapped this evening.Trying not to shave with a new straight winking at me and a selection of newly arrived decant club selection from Paul was too much to take.

Kent bk8
Connaught Bay Rum cream
Sheffield, almost, wedge
1912 - GEM blade
Slant - red personna
Taylor's Bay Rum aftershave

The 1912 and slant only made a brief appearance to hack back the growth around the 'tache and chin before continuing with the straight. The slant was much better at hacking the growth back, 1912 just clogged up almost instantly.

That's the longest I've ever went without a shave, might try it again sometime - it was rather satisfying taking off a beard with a straight.

Monday Night

EJ 87 + Swede (2)
Vulfix Pure
RSC Limited Edition cream
Trumper's Lime skinfood

Good shave, though I had to negotiate a sodding shave bump right on the jawline.

Tried my beloved skinfood as a pre-pass undercoat. Not sure if it made much difference. (NB: if you're looking for a vfm product, invest in a bottle of Trumper's skinfood - this stuff lasts x 100, and is a great skin conditioner.)

Nice blade, the Swede; and the RSC LE, a very respectable cream for a pittance.

Tuesday

Gillette SS
Feather (2)
Kent BK8
Williams
Aqua Velva

Good, not great. Feathers give me a good shave and I have to do little work, but I get a closer shave with a slightly less aggressive blade and taking an extra half pass - if I were to do too many touchups I'd get irritation.

Tuesday

Gillette Gold Tech
Iridium Super
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper Rose Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Off work this afternoon to watch a man unblock my drains. :(

Ian

Tuesday evening

Prep: Wash face with a left over sliver of MWF.
Soap: Proraso.
Brush: Omega 10005 boar.
Razor: DE86 with a Cooncat Bob Deluxe Handle, Gillette Swede.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Proraso Splash.

Bob's handle turns the EJ/Muhle head into a super Merkur HD. Like most shavers that have tried them, I feel these new heads are the best procurable. Bob's handle adds extra weight and is much more attractive than the Merkur or the original EJ ones.

DFS

Wednesday

Gillette SS
Feather (3)
Kent BK8
MWF
Aqua Velva

Best yet with the Feather - just rely on your basic technique and it all comes together. Excellent shave, little irritaion and one teeny weeper that healed before the end of the shave.

Need a nice relaxing shave today.
Gillette Super Adjustable
Astra Blade
Wilkinson Sword brush
Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Soap
ISIS ASB

Lovely shave, very very smooth with no irritation. :cool:

Wednesday

Gillette '66 Superspeed
Iridium Super
Vulfix VS/3
Trumper Rose Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet edt

Wonderful. The Trumper Rose soap is giving every other soap I have a real run for it's money. Although I've not used it every day since I have had it, it's not been out of the bathroom.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom