Shave of the day W/C Saturday 23 July 2011

TOBS mr taylor

Crabtree & evelyn super badger

1912 ever ready w/ gem stainless

Nivea extreme comfort balm

Got some irritation at the start on upper cheek(s) area, but the TOBS cream soon calmed it down

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Violet SC,
Simpson Eagle / TGN UK Silvertip,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Coral SF,
GFT Ajaccio Violets Cologne.

SOTDJuly29th2011.jpg

Didn't shave yesterday so today was double enjoyable!!

Day off yesterday, because I got in very late and was only going to the club to train today. Tonight:

Hot shower
Palmolive stick, face lathered
New Forest Tubby 2
Feather Portable
Gillette 7OC Yellow (6)
KoS ASB

Quick (new record for sure), clean, comfortable. I'm sure the blade could go further, but it won't coz it's in the bank already.

Shave sticks are just amazing - both the Palmolive and the La Toja are tremendous. If I could only have one out of soap bowl, cream, or stick, it'd be stick for sure.

Arrowhead said:
:icon_lol: Grim, ain't it?

Sure is, but it's so nice to be here! Lovely surroundings and friendly people (had a nice chat with an Indian guy when we ordered curry tonight)!

hunnymonster said:
And you're at the "lucky" end... between you and Tilbury the water passes through at least 7 people....

Aaarrgg, 7 people :(, I brought some Arko to bring/light/super lather things up if needed though. Even the shave blade felt somehow duller in this water, prob in my mind only, but it sure felt like it didn't cut like it should have... :s

Tried the HD Rocket today, everything else kept the same:

Omega 49
Proraso soap
HD Rocket with Personna red
Nivea ASB

Best shave yet - I think this Rocket and the '40s SS have sidelined the EJ for good. The old Gillettes feel much better balanced.

Back
Top Bottom