Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Badger 21 mm
Razor: Le Grelot
Soap: Monsavon
Astringent: Alum
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Result: Ok

Lovely shave, until I nicked myself right under the honker - went in to steep with the blade :evil: Then I nicked myself AGAIN :roll: , I think it was due to the fact I never managed to get rid of the bad mojo from the first nick. Clean enough shave though and nice blade ... and very sharp :roll:
44529d1277279966-sotd-sun-june-20th-sat-june-26th-snb12431.jpg

Really Mikael, you should have heeded the warning on the shank! According to your photo, it sez using this razor can put you in hospital !! :lol:

Wednesday Night:

• - Scads of really anti-hot hydrogen and oxygen, bound together as a potable, transparent liquid utilised for the removal from the surface of the epidermis of my visage, that waste-residuum which is created in the process of shaving.
        • Yo! Dat's what I'm talkin' bout! Sheeeyit, yeah!![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
          - Omega Pro 49 and Nanny's Yushu shaving soap
          - 1940s Gillette Anglo-Tech (with a "full-figured" handle)
          • - loaded with an Astra Superior Stainless blade[/list:u]
            - Urban Hermit's mentholated AlumWater Spritzer
            - Thayers' Lemon witch hazel
            - Urban Hermit's Tropical Tundra AS
            • ... a hybrid of Old Spice Fresh Lime/Kartopu Limon/menthol chrystals[/list:u][/list:u]

spandexcodpiece said:
Happy birthday Ian, did you get any Shaving type prezzies ? :hungrig

No, I didn't. Having said that, Mrs.M knows that I have a handle on that sort of thing, an fortunately, if I want something, she doesn't have a problem if I just get it, birthday or not.

Ian

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Omega 599
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
AS: AII Osage
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Black Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Black Elixir

SPM_A1449.jpg

Thursday
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Sensor (Excel)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Afterhsave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Penhaligon's The Hammam Bouquet

Nice.

The Hammam has made its way back onto my favourites list.

Pre: Hot shower
Razors: Revisor + NEW
Brush: Semouge 2000
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lemon
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffalo 50/60
Result: Kanon ball

Very nice shave today! Face + head and wtg+ atg on both. Bought this blade from brother Rum and it´s a really nice blade, extremly easy to move around my face - it almost clips the stubble by it self :shave and this strop keeps growing on me, it´s so nice and even though my vintage ROMA 45 also is really good (I still use the "fine" side at times) it keeps losing ground to this magnificent strop. Thanks to Neil, Rum (Alex) and Nanny I had a lovely shave today! Now I´m taking out the bike for a ride and go for some razor hunting in the finer hoods :cool: :ugeek: - no work today :D
44599d1277367630-sotd-sun-june-20th-sat-june-26th-snb12492.jpg

Thursday

Trumper 'Chatsworth' Razor
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Palmolive soap (from bowl)
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea asb

Ian

Good morning,

Mon Savon shaving soap
Men-U pure bristle brush
Feather and Future
Alum
Proraso AS splash

Am liking the Mon Savon the more I use it. Very fresh.
No smellies today. Hoping the postman will bring my Fathers day gift today.

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth
Thai Superthin (1)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Boots Shave soap
Witch Hazel
Boots Bay Rum AS (Or possibly Hair Tonic as was poinited out to me elsewhere! :oops: )

Have to check the bottle when i get home, in any case it seems to work well as an AS even if it isn't! :lol:

Have a pleasant day gents.

Thursday

Feather portable
Super iridium ( not as sharp as a feather ,kinder to my face)
vulfix 404 bodger ( great value )
Nanny's YuShu ( great stuff , the only soap I use currently)
alum
Old Spice Fresh Lime ( so good )

I'd forgotten that I had a Feather Portable in my stash . As there was a bit of chat about them recently I decided to give it a go. I learned to shave with a gillette tech that my Dad had ,and this reminded me of it. At no time during my shave did I think that the razor was too small ,even though when I put it together I thought I would .It handled really well.
The razor comes in a nice compact carry case with two feather blades. I've tried feathers a couple of times ,but my technique probably was'nt up to scratch ( I destroyed my face , with each shave ) , so I decided to use a Super iridium (I like these , nearly as much as the Gillette super thins ).
Did my customary 3 pass + touch up and I'm very impressed , definitely a BBS. These razors are really cheap as well $6 ? PaulDog supplied mine . They are a bargain.

Damian

Thursday

Bath, followed by face wash with Dove bar.
Ingram shave cream
Genco 5/8
Alum
Nivea replenishing balm

Yesterday, went for a mooch in Hatfield after filling up the car, and found a little independent chemist selling Erasmic sticks,bowl and Ingram cream.
The Ingram cream lathered well but I found it was drying on my face. It might have been the warm weather, I had to keep adding water and re-lathering.
Anyway, after all that, I achieved a good shave, face feels great and the cooling effect in this weather was most welcome!

I'll try one of the Erasmics tomorrow!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom