Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

RSC Sensitive shave cream
men-u pure bristle brush
Feather and Futur
alum
Daytona 500 AS splash

First go with the Daytona. Feels like a high alcohol content. Fleeting citrus scent, so first impressions are that it fits the bill nicely.

Thanks.

Semogue 830 : Filarmonica 14 Castagnon : Fatima Abdul SS : Thayer's WH

DSCN4050.jpg

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Mappin and Webb
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Musk
Result: Very clean!

Did three passes today, last one with some sliding moves over my problem areas and it worked out really well. I only do three passes when I´ve got plenty of time - and after the first espresso/coffee latte. Only draw back was the old nicks from day before yesterday, I thought they had healed enough, but not so. Today we Swedes dance around a long pole and sing silly songs :shock:
44653d1277460581-sotd-sun-june-20th-sat-june-26th-snb12528.jpg

My first DE razor shave!

- Hot water flannel
- Superspeed with Red Persona
- WS boar brush
- Palmolive shave stick
- Alum block
- Nivea sensitive AS balm

I'm really impressed. Totally new to this, but I went for a possibly optimistic two passes, WTG and then XTG. I have a very close shave on my face, but some irritation on one side of my neck which is probably down to going against the grain plus too much pressure.

First impressions of the Superspeed are very positive. Its very manoeuvrable, and I like being able to 'feel' and hear the cutting of the blade, allowing you to adjust blade angle etc.

The alum stung my neck a bit and it was red for a couple of hours, but soon calmed down.

I think I can get used to this ;)

Friday, 06-25-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 730HD silvertip - Merkur Slant - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Pre Proraso - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL spanish Floïd Blue + ASB 444.

Afeitado25-06-10002.jpg

quattrojames said:
My first DE razor shave!

- Hot water flannel
- WS boar brush
- Palmolive shave stick
- Alum block

I'm really impressed. Totally new to this, but I went for a possibly optimistic two passes, WTG and then XTG. I have a very close shave on my face, but some irritation on one side of my neck which is probably down to going against the grain plus too much pressure.

First impressions of the Superspeed are very positive. Its very manoeuvrable, and I like being able to 'feel' and hear the cutting of the blade, allowing you to adjust blade angle etc.

The alum stung my neck a bit and it was red for a couple of hours, but soon calmed down.

Well done, sounds like a great 1st go!

Fido said:
Thursday

This Edwin Jagger Super (large) is surprisingly floppy for a brush with a 23mm knot and 53mm loft.. But show it who's boss and it performs well with an old dependable like Tabac. Jagger knots tend to be less dense than average but create plenty of lather and are comfortable on the face. And Jagger rate "Super" as lower than it's "Silvertip" With Rooney it's the other way round.

6-11.jpg
A nice looking brush all the same Fido! I note your posting time, do you normally rise at 5 ish then, surely makes for a very long day ? :eek:

Friday Night:

On a night like this, after a day/week/month/year/decade/life like this, a few facefulls of really cold, fresh water feels magnificent - especially as part of the wet shaving process. So I said to myself: "Self, why not?" ... and as I could think of no reason good enough not to, I used a lot of the stuff for dunkin' & rinsin' tonight.
  • ... unusual behaviour for me, I know.
    _8P_by_sml_e.gif
    [/list:u]
    • - Thayers' Peach witch hazel as cleanser
      - Colonel Conk's Almond shaving soap with Omega Pro 49
      - 1940's Gillette Tech with portly grip & a Trig Silver
      - My Mildly Menthol AlumWater Spritz,
      • from the Urban Hermit's Weirdy-Beardy collection[/list:u]
        - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
        - Urban Hermit's Tropical Tundra AS[/list:u]

Mikael said:
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Mappin and Webb
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Musk
Result: Very clean!

Did three passes today, last one with some sliding moves over my problem areas and it worked out really well. I only do three passes when I´ve got plenty of time - and after the first espresso/coffee latte. Only draw back was the old nicks from day before yesterday, I thought they had healed enough, but not so. Today we Swedes dance around a long pole and sing silly songs :shock:
44653d1277460581-sotd-sun-june-20th-sat-june-26th-snb12528.jpg
Hi Mikael! ...That'll be St. Lucia day then! Happy St. Lucia/Midsummer "thingy" Mikael... :D

quattrojames said:
My first DE razor shave!

- Hot water flannel
- WS boar brush
- Palmolive shave stick
- Alum block

Yeah, nice one quattro! the learning curve is a steep one, but your doing really well, congrats. :)

Urban Hermit said:
Friday Night:

On a night like this, after a day/week/month/year/decade/life like this, a few facefulls of really cold, fresh water feels magnificent - especially as part of the wet shaving process. So I said to myself: "Self, why not?" ... and as I could think of no reason good enough not to, I used a lot of the stuff for dunkin' & rinsin' tonight.
  • ... unusual behaviour for me, I know.
    _8P_by_sml_e.gif
    [/list:u]
    • - Thayers' Peach witch hazel as cleanser
      - Colonel Conk's Almond shaving soap with Omega Pro 49
      - 1940's Gillette Tech with portly grip & a Trig Silver
      - My Mildly Menthol AlumWater Spritz,
      • from the Urban Hermit's Weirdy-Beardy collection[/list:u]
        - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
        - Urban Hermit's Tropical Tundra AS[/list:u]

• I think there is a name for your particular obsession with cold water Urban, but it escapes me at the moment... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom