Shave of the day w/c Saturday 19th December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rev-O said:
I was talking to a house clearance man the other day about razors he says they just chuck all the contents of the bathroom in the skip, without checking or sorting as "it's too much hassle". I think the misconceptions about old razors being unhygienic and not worth any money still stand. I hate to think what he must be throwing away, but he wouldn't budge on the issue.
Horrific! :eek:

Tuesday

'66 Superspeed
Swede
Vulfix VS/3
Kent Soap (MWF in disguise)
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

The blade is on it's last legs, but still a nice shave. Regarding the VS/3 - I don't think that I'll be buying another badger brush in the future. Six-and-a-half quid for a brush, and it's brilliant.

Ian

First shave of the xmas holidays for me

Merkur 34HD
Derby Extra blade
Wilkinson sword brush
Real Shave Co cream
Simple after shave balm

Lovely smooth shave all over. Including my neck which is usually abit rough. No irritation either, and got a very good shave on my cheeks in just 2passes

'56 Flairtip Superspeed with Derby
Semogue 1305
Henk's No.5
Neal's Yard ASB

Contrary to what seems to be the majority I find the Derby blade gives a very decent shave. Though in this instance it may have been something to do with Henk's No.5 and Neal's Yard ASB very kindly PIF'd by Ollie. I can't seem to find a review of this soap/cream here. I'm happy to start one but I thought there must be a 'No.5 thread' on here somewhere that I can add an opinion to.

I would mainly like to know if anyone who's tried it can identify the scent. To me (after a day's deliberation) it smells almost exactly like sunflower seeds! :hungrig

Wednesday

Last day of work before my Christmas break!! :D

'66 Superspeed
Iridium Super*
Vulfix VS/3
Kent Soap (MWF)
L'Occitane Cade a/s (splash)

*Trying out the Iridium courtesy of Fido's generosity. Feels a bit like my beloved Swedes, but may be a little sharper and slightly less smooth. Good though.

Ian

Merkur 34HD
Derby Extra blade
Wilkinson sword brush
Real Shave Co Cream
Nivea ASB
Next Carbon smelly

Very very nice shave. Neck is smooth again, aswell as the cheeks.
New blade goes in tomorrow, going to try hand stropping the blade. Then when ive got a cork, ill try corking a new blade. The first shave with a blade always seems to be uncomfortable for me.

Merkur 34HD
Derby Extra blade
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Real Shave Co cream
Simple ASB

Had to be quick today. Needed to go to Tesco with my mum, and her saying we will go when i get up means, we will go at 9. So quick shower. In need of a shave so it was straight off ATG on the cheeks, bits of the neck and chin. XTC on the upper lip and as close to ATG as i could on my first pass on bits of my neck.
Cheeks were decently smooth so did some blade buffing on my chin to get that smooth, ATG on the upper lip and ATG on the neck again.
So one full pass with some touch ups. Wasnt very relaxing, but the end result isnt bad. No nicks or cuts, even with the new blade, and i usually get a few. I did 'hand strop' the blade though, so not sure if it was that, or if i was just abit more careful because i was going faster.
Not sure if i like this Simple ASB either over the Nivea stuff...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom