Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Cologne: Aramis 900

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Gillette 365 blade
Boots Shavebowl soap
Alum
Oldspice whitewater

Neck a little tender from trying too hard with a straight in Wednesday, a DFS none the less.

Full-on Acca Kappa hit today:

P1000338.jpg

Regards

Ian

Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Klas Törnblom 185
Brush Ikon chubby 24 mm silvertip
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Clean
Used the upside down soap jar routine today aswell and it´s an excellent way of face lathering, really. I wanted to use the most dense brush I´ve got and it loaded up nicely within 20 secs and it gave lather for 2 passes + touch ups and then some (I have very soft water).
49298d1285322154-sotd-sun-september-19th-sat-september-25th-snb13539.jpg

Friday

Merkur Futur
Gillette Bleue Extra
No name badger brush
Tabac
Thayers superhazel
Chanel Egoiste AS
Chanel Egoiste EDT

Been at this DE lark for about a year now and the shaves Im getting are much better, closer and more comfortable but I just cant get rid of a collection of red bumps at the right of my adams apple. Tried all manner of things to try and solve this but I guess it may just be something I'll have to live with.

Friday Morning

Shavette + Bleue Extra (3)
Sensor
Fido Finest
Speick cream
Proraso splash (lots of)

A Halal shave. In other words, a bloody mess.

Went alright until ATG on the neck (it worked the day before)...then multiple weepers. Oh, plus a cat-scratch on right cheek. :evil:

FFS

I've got a birthday party to attend tomorrow. "I see the old-school shaving's going well, then, ha-ha" Guess I'll have to grin and bear it (I don't do polo-necks or cravats).

Friday 09-24-10.

Soap from Alepo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Schick M12 Dial Adjustable - Schick Injector Super Stainless #3 - Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut Karité + EDT Penhaligonn's Blenheim Bouquet sample.

Afeitado24-09-10_004.jpg

Afeitado24-09-10_004-1.jpg

Friday lunchtime.
Hot shower
R89 Razor
Macca root cream (body shop)
3 drops of grooming longe oil
Proraso pre shave
Proraso A/S
Tesco supermarket unbranded blade
Omega 10005 brush

A fellow forum member sent me a few blades as we traded, along in the pack was a few Tesco/Morissons blades. These are in an unmarked white paper and no printing on the blades itself, I thought I would give it a go but no good :( .
The blade was blunt before I finished my first pass, no nicks except where I was rubbing it under my nose trying to get the hard to reach hairs we all know about!
No irritation though but quite hard work to get a decent shave.
If I were to slit my wrists this blade would not beable to do it :lol: :|
Mixed a lovely lather in a bowl as usual, ive also got used to adding a few drops of pre-shave oil into the mix, I will probably do this until the oil is all used up and I will not replace it.

Good weekend all :cool:

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: Prairie-Creation sample 2
AS: Pinaud Citrus Musk

SPM_A3060.jpg

Wring. 2 min. 3 pass. Rework 1st. Start drier in future. Other than that it was smooth post-shave.

Friday

Boots DE
Lazer
Wilki brush
Pound shop finest shaving cream.

On the hoof today so thought I would go try some of the less expensive of kit.

An interesting shave ,did not feel too bad but a look in the mirror 10min later revealed some pretty impressive score marks on my right neck and couple weepers. I should have taken more time and care and this combo would have done a better job.........hey ho it's all fun . Might review my hardware choice for future away shaves !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom