Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 17th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday evening

SOC
Merkur 38C / Gillette Plat UK (4th and last)
Valobra stick
Floid
YSL Kouros EdT

Another close shave. Time to try another blade (Bolzano, Astra Superior Plat.) or same blade (Gillette Plat UK) on a different razor.

IMG_0925.jpg

Friday Evening

Hot Shower
New Forest Brush
Nuage Shaving Oil with menthol
Proraso soap
7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
39C
Old Spice Lime AS

Picked up the shaving oil for a giveaway today in an attempt to make the Proraso more 'mentholy'. It certainly worked, with from both a 'feel' and improved razor glide - the slant slid effortlessly across my face tonight. My skin felt a lot more lubricated after a cold water rinse than usual, to the extent that I didn't need any moisturising balm, just the splash of OS lime :cool:

Downside being the razor was oily and harder to clean!

Viernes, 23-07-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - GEM Micromatic closed comb - GEM #2 - Pre Proraso - Gibbs Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Bowling Green + ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio.

Afeitado23-07-10003.jpg

Hot Shower
Body Shop synthetic brush
Godrej soap
Merkur futur
Supermax super stainless
Bay rum
Old spice (Indian)

This has to be a cheap night cheap brush blade and soap but fantastic shave. Zero irritation and nice
Close shave. So much for top end stuff Would defo recommend all you boys try the supermax blades

8:30 pm pre night shift shave

Pre - Hot shower
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Omega 10005
Razor - 38C
Blade - Red IP (4)
AS - Pinaud Bay Rum

First use of my new Omega 10005 boar brush. It lathered up nicely on my bowl of Tabac and I face lathered (2nd time as normally use bowl). Easily had enough lather for 3 passes after being concerned by reviews that boars didn't initially produce as much lather. My first ATG on my face with the 38C resulting in a very smooth finish. Bay Rum to finish which again made my lips numb!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom