Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Futur
Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
D.R. Harris Marlborough Soap
Alum Block
Nivea a/s/b

Back To The Futur (always wanted to do that) and the Swede.

Ian

Fido's special day:

Rinse/face wash with MWF soap.
Hot towel
Lather with Yardley's shaving soap/ Simpsons Duke 3
Hot towel.
Castle Forbes pre shave.

Re-lather, up and down passes with straight razor.
Final pass across, chin and tricky bits with Jagger DE/red personna

DR Harris milk moisturiser

End result - best of all worlds. Beginning to believe that it is only possible to have my skin like this with a straight. Other factors will have contributed like the MFW/Castle Forbes/Yardley combo. This was the ultimate birthday/christmas day treat. Martin de Cadre (still in the box until Christmas) is going to have to work hard to better this.

Glad I'm retired though. This takes time. And I have plenty of that.

Wednesday:
Feather Artist Club RG (Folding)
Feather Pro Guard Blade
Simpson Duke 2 Pure Badger Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Taylors #74 Victorian Lime Aftershave
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT

NEW Open Comb + Swede
SA soap #4 + GN Finest Brush
Alum + hazel
Old Spice AS

I'm really loving the NEW after initially thinking it was too aggressive for me.
A sustained run with a swede and I'm getting extremely close shaves.
Also enjoyed SA's latest soap, very lubricating and decent lather.

Thursday

Futur
Swede
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Erasmic Shave Stick
Alum Block
Nivea a/s/b
Swearing

I think I may well have to sack the alum block. I have observed that areas where I may have been a little wreckless feel even more irritated and more red.

Ian

Had an excellent relaxed shave with my Jagger DE yesterday. As near perfect as makes no difference.
Different today.
Straight razor in hand I laboured through two passes thinking, am I really enjoying this? Concentrating every second, assessing the angle for the next line of attack, wiping messy goo off the razor. Then a huge sigh of relief with my Jagger in hand to finish off. A nice end result - but it would not have been, without the DE. It can only get better?

For the record:

Straight/Jagger with red personna
Semogue 2000
T&H rose cream (superb)
DR Harris moisturiser

Thursday

Kent BK4
Tabac
1955 Gillette Flare-tip Rocket
Gillette 365 blade (from India) (2)
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Another very pleasing shave - although the blades are pleasant enough, the price tag is considerably higher than the SuperThin (and I think the SuperThins have the edge - pun not intended - over them)

Thursday Night

EJ DE.87 + Feather (3)
Vulfix Pure + 'Seabreeze' soap (thanks Henk!)
Alum
Trumper's Lime Skin Food
YSL Rive Gauche (to celebrate)

And all was good. This one of those shaves that left me pumping my fists like Stuart Pearce after a successful penalty. Following a second not-so-successful shave with it, I've been using the EJ 87 to see if it would replicate the fantastic first shave it gave me, particularly on my neck. Last night it came up trumps again. I'm certain Henk's Seabreeze soap played its part: great lubricating lather (very easy to knock up), with one of the best 'fresh' scents I've come across - similar in some respects to Edwin Jagger's Sea Buckthorn soap. Happy bunny.

I have not touched another DE razor for several days now. I'm using my EJ DE87 on it's own or for a final tidy up after using a straight. It is for me now, a perfect razor. Not tried it with a Feather yet, but will. So thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom