Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 14/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 05-20-11. MUSIC in B&W: Blondie_LP Parallel Lines.

a504.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Edwin Jagger DE89L open comb - Lord Platinum Class #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Truefitt & Hill 1805 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pour un Homme de Caron.

Afeitado20-05-11-1.jpg

Hot Shower
Loccitane Face Scrub
Provence Sante Soap
NF Two Band
Slim Adjustable
Gillette Platinum Blade
Loccitane Face Splash
Loccitane ASB

For some reason just wasnt in the mood today for using a straight.
Nice shave none the less

joe mcclaine said:
The pictures in the beard thread have inspired me.

Where is the beard thread?

Friday
Mühle R89
Personna Red (1)
GFT Pure Badger Brush
Bluebeards revenge cream
Bayliss and Harding Black Pepper and ginsseng Balm

Just a 2 pass shave. Notes:- Interesting to use my first decent brush again. Quite floppy and scratchy and not very dense, but whipped up a great lather. Bayliss and Harding balm, is basically a copy of Molton Brown products, which I received as a Christmas present. So far, not impressed as I had dry skin with in 20mins, rather than when I wake up the following day.

Razor: Henckels Rostfrei 6/8
Strop: Felt and latigo handmade (20/60)
Brush: Vie Long 16510
Preshave: Anthony Logistics shaving oil
Lather: Ogallala BayRum&Sage&Cedar + O Melhor
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel
AS: Givenchy for men aftershave stick
EdT: Trumpers GFT
Picture:
P5203150.jpg

Friday Evening

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Semogue 2015
Nivea Cream (Greek)
Thayers Superhazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS

Thought it was gonna be a ropey one as the lather from the Nivea cream wasn't as good as what I've been used to with the sticks I've been using recently. Came out good in the end though.
The Nivea cream is probably in league with Gillette or Palmolive cream in the same price range but not as good as something like Speick.

Friday
Morris and Forndran blonde badger brush/Merkur 11C with Gillette Rubie/Mitchell s Wool Fat SS/The Body Shop Maca Root Balsam
P1160879.jpg

Friday

Brush: EJ Black badger
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Derby (2nd shave)
Cream: DR Harris rose (sample courtesy of RB73 - big shout out to you dude! Thanks!)

Prep: Hot shower.

Observations: First time I've used proper shaving cream, boy did it whip up a fantastic lather - best lather yet! better than the ToOBS sandalwood soap I've got. It was thick, creamy, like whipped cream just from the youtube vids :lol:

Shave: WTG, 2x XTG. Touch up's on the 'tache and jawline.

Razor glided over my face, it was lovely, no nicks - not as close a shave as I've observed with the Astra's, but that's all part of the learning curve isn't it?

Used Nivea sensitive aftershave balm. Only had to use styptic pencil on a couple of areas on my neck.

AWESOME SHAVE.

Felt good, nice very very subtle fragarance.

... in fact it was so good I've just done another one, amusing the kids by lathering up my face and putting some on their chins too. So shave #2 today!!!!

Thanks to RB73!

Friday Evening:

• Edwin Jagger DE89-11BA razor
      New Forest The Urban-Stealth Hermit brush
      Gillette (India) 365 Super stainless blade
      Palmshave Lime shave cream
      copious face-fulls of cold water for rinsing before & after each pass
      MICAlum stick
      Thayers' Lemon
      Mennen Green Tonic ASL
      copious face-fulls of cold water for rinsing before & after each application of afters[/list:u][/list:u]

... an almost total hotchpotch/hodgepodge of shaving stuff, that all went and worked together excellently, for a full three-pass shave.
        • Sometimes, excess 'standardisation' really needs to be told to "French-kiss my fat, hairy, white arse".
              • ... ya know what I mean, eh?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Friday evenings shave

Preperation: Hot shower

Parker 90R
Gillette Platinum blade(1) PIF'ed to me
ToOBS Sandlewood soap
Pure badger brush
One planet ASB

First time with a Gillette Premium blade, not as impressed as I thought I'd be, a few nicks and some irritation, which I havent had for a couple of weeks, only thing I changed was the blade, I wonder if thats what caused the irritation??

Last night's shave ( nearly forgot! ) :?

Prep:- Hot shower

Music:- Radio 2, Simon Mayo

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Progress 404 "Grosvenor"

Razor:- Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow

Post shave:- Alum block and aloe vera

1x WTG, 1x ATG 1x XTG

Pretty much that same as yesterday's shave but I seemed to end up with a bit of irritation for some reason.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom