Not open for further replies.
Tuesday 15th

GEM Micromatic OC
Ted Pella D1
Semogue 1305
O Melhor SC
Alum
Thayers Original

Cartridge razors dont shine a light to DE or SE razors. The amount of passes/pressure required to get a smoooooth shave from one of those press & drag things is scary.

Monday:

Taylors shaving shop cream
Wilkinson pure badger
Mülhe black resin DE
Trumper moisturising lotion

Tuesday:

MWF (glorious as always)
Wilkinson PB
Mühle DE
Harris Arlington milk

Wednesday 16th Sept

Merkur HD
Gillette Super Thin - D1
Koh-I-Noor SC68
O-Melhor cream
Alum
Thayers original w/aloe
Aqua Velva mixed with a dab of 444 ASB

This is the first time i have used a super thin and damn fine they are at removing whiskers from the old diamond.

Wednesday:
Feather Artist Club (folding) RG / Pro Guard blade
Simpson 'Duke' 2 Pure Badger brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap

This was the last chance for the Duke to work for me or be sold - it worked. I just had to alter my usual water soap ratio. This could now be my first choice brush.

The Feather AC is getting a bit more use again.

I joined here on 26 August. And have learned so, so much for which I am indebted to those who offered suggestions and advice. Things are really coming together now.

Merker 38c with red personna blade
Simpsons Duke 3
Musgo Real cream
Alum
DR Harris After Shave milk

I used Nivea face wash then showered. I made a point of rinsing off the Alum before applying the after shave. Used a mix of long slow razor movements with shorter ones here and there. Three very light pressure passes. A wonderful smooth soft skin with no soreness. This is my benchmark from now on. I will post brief reviews of the Musgo and DR Harris if no one beats me to it.

First was the look, the second was the sheet of newspaper it was wrapped up in when I got it - a page from the Daily Telegraph from late-1955. It couldn't be sooner (from the handle) and it's unlikely to be later (from the paper).

Aah, I see. Do I take it that the flared version was introduced in '55 then (I understand that they continued into the '60's)? Although I still prefer the look of the 40's Superspeed / Rocket (no more ornamentation than you'd find on a centre punch), I'm rapidly coming round to thinking that the Rocket is the best shaving tool I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.