Not open for further replies.
Tuesday 15th

GEM Micromatic OC
Ted Pella D1
Semogue 1305
O Melhor SC
Alum
Thayers Original

Cartridge razors dont shine a light to DE or SE razors. The amount of passes/pressure required to get a smoooooth shave from one of those press & drag things is scary.

Monday:

Taylors shaving shop cream
Wilkinson pure badger
Mülhe black resin DE
Trumper moisturising lotion

Tuesday:

MWF (glorious as always)
Wilkinson PB
Mühle DE
Harris Arlington milk

Wednesday 16th Sept

Merkur HD
Gillette Super Thin - D1
Koh-I-Noor SC68
O-Melhor cream
Alum
Thayers original w/aloe
Aqua Velva mixed with a dab of 444 ASB

This is the first time i have used a super thin and damn fine they are at removing whiskers from the old diamond.

Wednesday:
Feather Artist Club (folding) RG / Pro Guard blade
Simpson 'Duke' 2 Pure Badger brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap

This was the last chance for the Duke to work for me or be sold - it worked. I just had to alter my usual water soap ratio. This could now be my first choice brush.

The Feather AC is getting a bit more use again.

I joined here on 26 August. And have learned so, so much for which I am indebted to those who offered suggestions and advice. Things are really coming together now.

Merker 38c with red personna blade
Simpsons Duke 3
Musgo Real cream
Alum
DR Harris After Shave milk

I used Nivea face wash then showered. I made a point of rinsing off the Alum before applying the after shave. Used a mix of long slow razor movements with shorter ones here and there. Three very light pressure passes. A wonderful smooth soft skin with no soreness. This is my benchmark from now on. I will post brief reviews of the Musgo and DR Harris if no one beats me to it.

Arrowhead said:
hunnymonster said:
1955 Flair Tip Rocket
I've been holding off for a long time, but: how did you come up with a date for your Rocket, HM?

First was the look, the second was the sheet of newspaper it was wrapped up in when I got it - a page from the Daily Telegraph from late-1955. It couldn't be sooner (from the handle) and it's unlikely to be later (from the paper).

Aah, I see. Do I take it that the flared version was introduced in '55 then (I understand that they continued into the '60's)? Although I still prefer the look of the 40's Superspeed / Rocket (no more ornamentation than you'd find on a centre punch), I'm rapidly coming round to thinking that the Rocket is the best shaving tool I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom