Seven Potions

It's not as cushiony on the shave, and has zero slickness. It may be the only shave product I've used that really requires the pre-shave oil. Post shave skin care is a solid 11/10, though. Will try another shave tomorrow to see if I can't get better shaving performance out of it, and report back.

The shave cream and balm scent do not match at all, imo. The balm has a slight lemongrass scent to it, if it's not my imagination. Mostly it just smells like lotion. Now, just because they don't match, doesn't mean they aren't complimentary. They don't clash with each other at all, and the balm helps to cut down on the floral scent, though the floral scent does push back through after a bit.

This is one of the few products I've shaved with that I feel actually needs the pre-shave oil. This is the least slick shaving product I've ever used. The lather dissipated fairly rapidly, and I had to squeeze out a tad more product for the third pass, so if you're a slow shaver you might want to pass on this one.

It was not as cushiony on the face as initial impressions implied.

The post shave feel exceeds expectations. This is, without a doubt, one of the best post-shave skin care product combos I've ever used. It's light and does not leave the skin feeling greasy.

I think this would actually work pretty decent with a cartridge razor, which is a rare trait in a traditional wet shaving product. It was barely adequate for a straight razor shave. It would probably be okay for a DE shave.

Scent: 2/10
I hate floral scents.
Cushion: 3/10
Slickness: 0/10
Post-Shave: 11/10

Bottom Line: Does the fantastic post-shave make up for the lack of performance during the shave?

Kind of.

I'll give it another go tomorrow with a DE and see if it was just user error. I might need to dial the lather in just a bit more, and perhaps start off with a drier brush and a bit more product.

It also has a conditioning effect on the badger hair, leaving it soft and shining.

Second shave. In honor of Chucky's coronation, I dug out the No. 58, (not a coronation edition) and used it for the second pass. First pass was with the Rolls Razor.

Not changing my opinion. Dissipates quickly, no slickness, little cushion, and over-the-top skin moisturizing effect. Perhaps someone who also has the pre-shave oil will have a different opinion, but I cannot recommend this shave cream for people who don't use pre-shave oil.

I'm sorry. I had high hopes for it.

Second shave.
I suggest to use it for 1-2 weeks straight.
Skin conditioning is a deep work. Needs time.

In honor of Chucky's coronation
happy097.gif

I'm sorry. I had high hopes for it.
angelic013.gif

I suggest to use it for 1-2 weeks straight.
Skin conditioning is a deep work. Needs time.
Oh hell naw. You all are lucky I used it twice. There's no way I could handle that frou-frou scent for two weeks.

I got it for my wife. She didn't like the scent. Moving on. MWF is conditioning enough for me, and I like the scent.

I'll pass the torch on to you.

I understand.

Skin conditioning is a counteritutive process.
The less skin is in trouble, the less you feel it.
Despite the technical characteristics of the product.
I agree, and that was a point I did bring up with my brother in law when I loaned him the shave cream and balm. I think this would be a good, possibly even great, product for someone suffering from eczema or other skin conditions.

Let's go ...
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/posts/920951/
aSke8c5m.jpg

https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/posts/920964/
uJX7Rg5m.jpg

As you can read above, I've different needs.
First contact, not bad at all. My skin is happy. Not my nose!!!
Yeah, it's a decidedly feminine scent, in an "old fashioned white rose perfume" sort of way. Not sure what scent the pre-shave oil adds to the mix. It doesn't project much, but it lingers.

I'd be willing to give it another go, this time with a pre-shave oil, IF they come out with another scent that is as overtly masculine as this one is feminine.

I know some guys like rose scented shave soap. This might be right up their alley. I do not.

@ischiapp there better be more to the shave report than that.

... there better be more to the shave report than that.
No comment on the fragrance.
... or rather NC as at school.
But my skin loves it.
Excellent conditioning.
For the few who need support.

I’m intrigued. This is just the first look.
In the coming days I will share more.
I have a feeling this could be a great set.
But it certainly requires adaptations of my technique.
In addition to getting used to the strange smell, or mask it in superlathering.

Back
Top Bottom