Semogue paint issue

Pete said:
I've got a 1305 and a 2000, very pleased with them. No major problems so far, they are every bit as good as an Omega. ;)
An Omegas are really good,like the 80265 which always amazes me everytime I use it and I only paid 5 euros to get it....

The paint on my 1460 has come away around the knot after 6 months of light use (in rotation with 3 other brushes).
I emailed vintage scent a couple of times and haven't had a reply. I also emailed Semogue via their new site and haven't heard anything.

After the good customer service reported here I was hoping for at least an apology.

It's still a nice performing brush but doesn't look very pretty any more.

Personally I research EVERYTHING..I do agree Semogue does have paint issues as I read on various sites about them...vs Country Joe Badger brush vs Omega Boar brushes..I have had both brushes for months and yes I dropped each of em at least once and never had ANY issue...case in point BEWARE Semogue..or at least google the reviews about them..I reviewed for weeks to finally get the badger n boar brush I have now and am very content

Blades

I did some research before getting the Semogue. I read about the paint problem but people were saying that the problem was only with the early brushes and they had now been resolved.

I had also read that vintage scent were a good company to deal with and figured if there was a problem, they'd sort me out.

That hasn't been the case and I won't be ordering anything from them again. Or buying another Semogue brush.

bean said:
I did some research before getting the Semogue. I read about the paint problem but people were saying that the problem was only with the early brushes and they had now been resolved.

I had also read that vintage scent were a good company to deal with and figured if there was a problem, they'd sort me out.

That hasn't been the case and I won't be ordering anything from them again. Or buying another Semogue brush.

Bean how do you soak your brushes, do you soak them up over the knot or only up to below the knot as the soaking over the knot and on to the wooden handle could be whats causing the paint chipping

I try to soak below the handle - stand the brush up in a bowl only filled to a level that soaks the knot about a cm before the handle. But sometimes the brush falls over and ends up soaking on it's side with some of the handle in the water.

I'm really surprised by the complete lack of response I've had from vintage scent. It's not poor customer service - it's no customer service!

Never had problems with VintageSent myself.
Maybe it's the time of year. We are at Christmas and maybe Bruno has been very busy.
As for paint problems, and although I like Semogue, i agree that these problems are not acceptable.

bean said:

THESE guys sell Smogue and a lot more variety. If you pick up any Argos please post about them.

I originally emailed Bruno about a month ago with photos. I understand that they may have been busy then but to have no acknowledgment of the emails after so long suggests either a problem with the emails getting through (I'm not having any problems with emails to anyone else) or that they are ignoring me. I'm going to send another email today.

Hi Tony,

Finally, we have contact after a month of trying to send a message and getting the messages rejected by the mail server :evil:
Anyway, I sent you instructions for how to send the brush for analysis and replacement.

Cheers!

As Bruno has said, I'm pleased to say that we are now in touch and he is going to sort me out with a replacement brush.
The lack of response was due to email problems so I'm glad that I posted on here and made it possible for Bruno to contact me.

Apart from the fact that I hope to have a replacement brush soon, I'm pleased that I wasn't being ignored and there was an explanation for me not getting a reply. Semogue are my favourite range of brushes aesthetically and I was unhappy at the prospect of not buying any more of their brushes. Now things are looking much better :)

bean said:
I try to soak below the handle - stand the brush up in a bowl only filled to a level that soaks the knot about a cm before the handle. But sometimes the brush falls over and ends up soaking on it's side with some of the handle in the water.

I'm really surprised by the complete lack of response I've had from vintage scent. It's not poor customer service - it's no customer service!

I use a mug to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

bean said:
I originally emailed Bruno about a month ago with photos. I understand that they may have been busy then but to have no acknowledgment of the emails after so long suggests either a problem with the emails getting through (I'm not having any problems with emails to anyone else) or that they are ignoring me. I'm going to send another email today.

FWIW, I wasn't in touch till I resorted to PM. He responded shortly.

As promised, Bruno sent a replacement brush out to me. I asked for an acrylic handled brush to avoid any paint problems.
The problems I experienced to begin with seem to have been caused by email difficulties which weren't Bruno's fault.

Back
Top Bottom