Semogue paint issue

Ids

I've bought a few semogues over the past few weeks my favourite becoming the 1520, problem is the paint has bubbled near the base with the raised bits now cracking off, not massively but enough for me to think is this typical?

I've emailed Bruno at the vintage scent so I'll see what happens, it not been dropped or anything, it's almost how paint bubbles when it's subjected to intense heat.

I always soak my brushes, standing up on their bristles in a mug with the water level upto +/- 1cm of the handle. It is a narrow waisted type mug that allows my brushes to stay standing on their end.

This is not saying you did otherwise Ids, its a general recomendation.

In the past, most painted shaving brushes had this problem. It is my understanding that Semogue recently upgraded their coatings system, and that untimely paint delaminations and cracking should be a thing of the past. If that is indeed true, it sounds as if you received an 'old' brush?

henkverhaar said:
In the past, most painted shaving brushes had this problem. It is my understanding that Semogue recently upgraded their coatings system, and that untimely paint delaminations and cracking should be a thing of the past. If that is indeed true, it sounds as if you received an 'old' brush?
Yes,thats right Henkverhaar:some of the old Semogue wood brushes had some problems with the varnish used at the time.The new varnish its more resistant and durable,protecting the paint and the wood much better than the old one.

Bruno at vintage scent asked me to email some photos as he is going to the factory soon, I'm just waiting to hear back now.

Had an email from Bruno, he showed the pictures at the factory and as a result they are sending me a 1520 direct. A company proves it's worth when things go wrong and they just have.

That's why I opted for 620. I wonder why Teste didn't reply to this since he's the spokesperson for Semogue.

Ids said:
Had an email from Bruno, he showed the pictures at the factory and as a result they are sending me a 1520 direct. A company proves it's worth when things go wrong and they just have.

Relieved you had that sorted. Enjoy it in good health.

As if that wasn't enough just dropped my 1438 onto a tiled floor the mean one chipped brush, what an idiot :roll:

Back
Top Bottom