SE v DE Razors

Love SE's

I do use the GEM based razors but not too often as my preference leans towards the AC razors and they are pretty hard to beat.

Better blade life. Probably get as many as 20 shaves from a blade but nominally around 12

Quicker shaves by far due the size of the blade

Less blade chatter and more rigid which gives for a nice smooth effective shave with less irritation.

Less blade choice which is a massive plus, and in general they are all pretty damn good.

The razors themselves tend to be better quality.

Just a few plus points from my perspective

Not to say I am anti-DE as my favourite happens to be a DE in the Ikon B1

I only have the one 'half DE blade' razor and that is the Rocnel SE-P. It is incredibly aggressive and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't had experience on this side of shaving and razors. But shit, I can't think of any razor which shaves so damn close without removing skin

Other than trying a GEM (Ever easy 1912's etc) as a nice cheap way in to SE, a Razorock Hawk V3 or an Executive shaving Claymore Evolution are super ways in.

I highly recommend trying an SE
What Chris said.

You could do worse than trying a Hawk V3 & Proline P blades.
Very comfortable shaves with zero irritation.

Last edited:
I really should try an SE razor and the hawk V2 looks like a good starter before something more expensive.

The only thing I would say for the V2 is to change the handle for something with a bit more heft about it.

I started on the V2 then got rid at the first opportunity and got an SE which was more substantial. But it did get my SE soul stirred. Not shaken

The only thing I would say for the V2 is to change the handle for something with a bit more heft about it.

I started on the V2 then got rid at the first opportunity and got an SE which was more substantial. But it did get my SE soul stirred. Not shaken
I saw you also recommended the Claymore Evolution, looks very nice and it would probably be best to skip the cheaper SE which I would end up selling anyway and go straight for a higher quality one.

Now to watch the BST like a hawk!

Just to let you chaps know and a bit of a heads up, but I will be putting my Claymore Evolution on to the BST this weekend.
bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear

Which AC razors are you sticking with Chris?

bbc series 25 GIF by Top Gear

Which AC razors are you sticking with Chris?

Stainless General
Stainless Mongoose
Enoch
Hawk V3
Yaqi Excalibur
Plus my Ever Ready razors

Decided these are all I will ever need. Plus I need to add to the one pound saving tin for a black Nodachi. I really need one at each place.

The other Raster or whatever it is thing can go as a freebie cos it's garbage.

Stainless General
Stainless Mongoose
Enoch
Hawk V3
Yaqi Excalibur
Plus my Ever Ready razors

Decided these are all I will ever need. Plus I need to add to the one pound saving tin for a black Nodachi. I really need one at each place.

The other Raster or whatever it is thing can go as a freebie cos it's garbage.
That's a strong line up.

That garbage Raster - did I sell you that?

Wasn't that from my PIF @Boycie83 ? I didn't actually mind it, but it only encouraged me to get the vector rather than hang on to it.

Is that 2 that have ended up from me that have done you in? I swear I'm not trying to off you @Satanfriendly !
I think you might be right Marc.

I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing I've not sold Chris some 'shite' - means he's more likely to buy from my next batch of tat ;)

Wasn't that from my PIF @Boycie83 ? I didn't actually mind it, but it only encouraged me to get the vector rather than hang on to it.

Is that 2 that have ended up from me that have done you in? I swear I'm not trying to off you @Satanfriendly !

That and a pack of blades which I use to strip paint and wallpaper, and some bloody Cologne called Mandate which serves the same purpose. The name alone was a big hint.

Initially I didn't really understand why the popularity of SE razors but they've really grown on me and what I really like about SE razors is they don't seem to get clogged like de razors

Give an injector a go or something like the twig/thorn or mars see razors maybe?

Back
Top Bottom