Scent of The Day

I have a bottle of Kouros aftershave lotion, as well as the EDT. I love this fragrance. It has an aroma that is hard to get used to at first, and I don't think that it would suit everyone, but I like it a lot.
Kouros for me was (what, c. 40 years ago?) love at first smell. There is, in my view, a world of difference between vintage Kouros and the modern day 'apology'. I'm fortunate to have vintage EDT and aftershave, and soap and shower gel, too - the latter's a miniature, from a gift set.

Kouros for me was (what, c. 40 years ago?) love at first smell. There is, in my view, a world of difference between vintage Kouros and the modern day 'apology'. I'm fortunate to have vintage EDT and aftershave, and soap and shower gel, too - the latter's a miniature, from a gift set.
I think that Kouros has been around since at least the early 1980s, so yes, it's about 40 years old (at least). Though, it could of course be a lot older than that. My knowledge of the origins of certain fragrances is rather limited.

Today's delight, complete with 'tortoise'. 1996 (L) and 2004 (R). Apologies for the quality of the pic.

View attachment 104384
Ah yes, Dior Fahrenheit. Another "classic" fragrance that has always been a personal favourite of mine. I have a bottle of the EDT, though it's fairly new. I seem to get more people asking me "what are you wearing" with this fragrance than with almost any other I wear. It even happened in the supermarket a couple of weeks ago. People seem to genuinely love this fragrance. I can fully understand why.

Jovan Musk Aftershave Lotion

I've had a day in today, so I thought that I would have a splash of a "cheapo" aftershave for a change. This one doesn't seem to be well-liked by most people, but I quite like it. It's all about personal preference at the end of the day, so I couldn't really care less whether people like it or not. I'm the one that pays for it and wears it, so who cares what anyone else thinks.

I like it. End of discussion.

46-Avalia%25C3%25A7%25C3%25A3o%2Bde%2BFragr%25C3%25A2ncias%2B-%2BPino%2BSilvestre.jpg

The Real Deal
Kouros connoisseurs will know that the boxes and bottles mark these out as vintage with, I'm pretty sure, the AS being older than the EDT. The smaller (still ceramic) bottle comes from a gift set and, I suspect, is older still - I can't find the box. Day spent, as referenced in someone's blog, with The Scent of the Gods.

YSL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom