Scarfs?

Jeltz said:
Don't like scarves, I wear a buff instead but then I'm also a cyclist. Nothing about them being poncey I just don't like them.

Kool, what type of cycling do you do?

Arrowhead said:
I'll wear a scarf with a formal coat (to fill in the gap) if it's cold enough, but the loop the ends through style is deeply, deeply suspect. Otherwise, it's another vote for the Buff.

Finally!! Someone else that finds that abit suspect!
The Buff is great, keeps your neck nice and warm. I have a polar one so its got the fleece section aswell as the normal Buff material. Its also good when you go out on your bike, realise its colder then you first thought and can pull the material up over your ears to stop them getting cold.

I never wear a scarf. Never. Nothing to do with me not being assured of my sexuality, I just don't like them. They're never long enough, I want a Tom Baker scarf if I'm going to wear a scarf.

So I never wear one. I'm renowned for not wearing one.

I got two for Christmas :x

1gear said:
Jeltz said:
Don't like scarves, I wear a buff instead but then I'm also a cyclist. Nothing about them being poncey I just don't like them.

Well I only started in May, when I bought a Halfords special offer mountain bike, a piece of tat TBH but enough to get me hooked so I bought an entry level road bike, joined the local cycling club and go out on their leisure rides. Made a lot of progress last year and the aim for this one is to do some sportives, get a few 100 milers under my belt (have already done a 75) and try time trialing.

With a name of 1gear, do I guess correctly that you ride a fixed?

Jeltz said:
1gear said:
Jeltz said:

Well I only started in May, when I bought a Halfords special offer mountain bike, a piece of tat TBH but enough to get me hooked so I bought an entry level road bike, joined the local cycling club and go out on their leisure rides. Made a lot of progress last year and the aim for this one is to do some sportives, get a few 100 milers under my belt (have already done a 75) and try time trialing.

With a name of 1gear, do I guess correctly that you ride a fixed?

Indeed i do. 6 bikes and only 2 have gears. One of which i might sell, but i feel likei should have at least one road bike with gears.
I started a couple of years ago on a cheap folder, then got a road bike, then built up fixed, then built up another, then got given one and got given another.
Got to start building up training now for the summer and the TT season to start(also done on fixed) but with this weather its not so easy.
What club you in? Im in Sherwood CC.

Somer Valley CC who (apparently) have a good reputation for racing. On the edge of The Mendips here, what with the terrain and my level of experience I don't think I'd do well on a fixie :eek: .

Jeltz said:
Somer Valley CC who (apparently) have a good reputation for racing. On the edge of The Mendips here, what with the terrain and my level of experience I don't think I'd do well on a fixie :eek: .

Ahh you dont worry about that.
I go into Derbyshire on it quite often, and ive been up a mountain in Switzerland on it. 1 in 4 was the steepist hill ive been up.
They are good fun, i love them. Wouldnt get me back on gears in a hurry. Much better feel to it aswell.
I only do time trials, not really got the time for any other stuff but they are good fun. If you havent given time trials a go yet, then go for it. Club ones was what i started with first.

cheese_dave said:
I never wear a scarf. Never. Nothing to do with me not being assured of my sexuality, I just don't like them. They're never long enough, I want a Tom Baker scarf if I'm going to wear a scarf.

I hear ya mate. I wear a plain black scarf but I can never find one that I regard to be "long enough". The one I wear is good but not long enough.

I tie mine by folding in half then pulling through the free end. This is a very poncy look unless partially hidden by a coat. I think I can get away with it. Just.

Jeltz said:
TT's start in April, I shall be having a go.

Nice one :cool: Good luck and have fun.
Not sure when the ones start for me, the Evening 10s are the ones i like to do, great fun.
andyjreid said:
cheese_dave said:

I hear ya mate. I wear a plain black scarf but I can never find one that I regard to be "long enough". The one I wear is good but not long enough.

The one i got from Next is long enough for me. It can do one wrap around the neck, then have 2 long bits, which are enough to cover up the front of me, adding another layer to the front. Meaning when its windy its nicer.
There is just enough length to do 2 turns around my neck.
Pig Cat said:
I tie mine by folding in half then pulling through the free end. This is a very poncy look unless partially hidden by a coat. I think I can get away with it. Just.

Oh god :eek: :shock:
I dont know how you can admit to that :eek: :eek:

1gear said:
Oh god :eek: :shock:
I dont know how you can admit to that :eek: :eek:

You can only see the top of it. I look like a catalogue model. Spend most of my time pointing at distant objects or grinning at my other incredibly good-looking friends...

Back
Top Bottom