Scarfs?

Are scarfs for ponces?
I got bought one for xmas from my mum. Its quite nice, a woolen one thats long and a dark blue.
I normally wear a Buff while cycling and when its cold wear it when im out aswell, but the scarf, well.
Its not the fact that it looks poncy, just the people that i see wearing scarfs all look like ponces and not real men.
I also wrap the scarf round my neck, but most seem to fold the scarf in half, and pass the 2 tails of the loop through the hole, and wear it like that.
Now, i dont know what it is, but it just looks poncy, which is something im not.

What do you reckon? Do you wear a scarf?

Never thought of myself as Poncy Pete when strolling down Lymington High Street on a cold windy day with scarf wrapped round. I'd freeze to death if I left it off at the moment. I'm far too old to worry what I look like to others. Might have felt differently long ago.

Fido said:
Never thought of myself as Poncy Pete when strolling down Lymington High Street on a cold windy day with scarf wrapped round. I'd freeze to death if I left it off at the moment. I'm far too old to worry what I look like to others. Might have felt differently long ago.

Well i do like it, and it keeps me warm. Its just the image that i see people who wear them, they look like ponces who spend far too long being abit too girly.
Dont get me wrong, its not all men that look like a ponce in them, its just some men. My scarf ends up not being seen because my colar on my fleece comes up so high.

I saw a few older men who had a scarf on and they didnt look like a ponce, saw some young men with them on, looked like a ponce.

hando said:
to be honest i think it's all to do with how you wear it, plus if it's cold enough for a scarf i need a hat!

Depends how much hair you have on your head ;) (dont take this as me caling you a boldy by the way)
The reason i like buffs is they can be hats, scarfs or you can have the fleece bit around your neck and pull the material bit up so it covers your head and just your face shoes. Or, fold it right and do it so just your eyes show.

1gear said:
Just the people that i see wearing scarfs all look like ponces and not real men...

You could argue that 'real' men don't sit around discussing the skin-conditioning properties of soaps/creams/AS balms, and how silver-tip badgers feel lovely and fluffy on the chops. In comparison, scarves look positively butch. ;)

(Mine is pink, BTW)

Naked Ape said:
1gear said:
Just the people that i see wearing scarfs all look like ponces and not real men...

You could argue that 'real' men don't sit around discussing the skin-conditioning properties of soaps/creams/AS balms, and how silver-tip badgers feel lovely and fluffy on the chops. In comparison, scarves look positively butch. ;)

(Mine is pink, BTW)

Your scarf is pink, or your brush handle is pink?

I generally like the clothes i wear in Winter better than summer clothes and that includes scarfs, beanies etc. I wear my strippy scarf from Fat Face with pride!!!

I'm a keen off-road cyclist and I received my first buff for Christmas. Bloody great innovation. Kept me nice and toasty on the one time I have managed to get out on my bike since Christmas.

Enjoy your scarf.

Cheers, Rousey

Back
Top Bottom