Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 09-Nov
DSC02598.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: GSB (1)

I love this scent, chuffed to bits that I got hold of it, so much so I'm actually tempted to get another set to wait in the wings.

Good outing with the CG, despite the aggressiveness not being to my taste I can still get a good shave out of it. I do find I have no option but to do 3 passes to get closer to the finish with my other razors. It has a relatively heavy head (or feels that way) but I'm a fan of weightier razors.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

E54D63EE-C076-4021-883F-DE20F7D3775D.jpeg

SOTD: 09/11/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Apricity Croap
Aftershave: A&E Apricity Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My second outing with the k2e Apricity and it was much, much more successful! I went with my usual bowl, old faithful Sagrada Familia and the Hawk. The Lather was genuinely the best I’d created in a long while with minimal effort. I guess the combo of new bowl and boar last time just didn’t work, but as I expected that was my error not the soap! It was a delightful fresh shave and start to the day!

No picture but a fantastic shave today.
Absolute glass-like BBS in 2.5 passes, incl. the usual problem whirlpool spots on the neck.
My skin feels refreshed. The vintage splash is a bit more carnation-forward than its modern European version but I just love it.
Have a marvelous day, gents!

Razor: Yates Precision 921-H (brass)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (3)
Brush: Zenith 507U XSE
Soap&AS: Old Spice (vintage)

255079740_3059068094337336_4485948304626939956_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium (1)

Sometimes you just know it's a Bay day. Today's weather was so mild that it's hard to believe Christmas is in 46 days' time - time to get a wish list together of stuff I REALLY want this year :rolleyes:
It's also time to look at replacement Bay Rum creams and soaps. The Executive Shaving passed to me by @merchant_seaman at the beginning of my journey after joining up on here is nearly empty, and I've grown very fond of the scent. The Benjamins is also brilliant - however I'm going to seek out something with staying power as the scent does dissipate quickly.

It was time to give tuition to son No 2 on shaving, Mark is a bright lad who learns quickly although lacking in courage to use the razor, so a shitty gillette sensor 3 disposable was used to scrape off bum fluff from his chops along with proaso in a tube, ( Bowl lathered) preshave and Aftershave Balm, Synthetic brush, all went well for him.

Naturally I'd grown a 8 day beard to show him the hair growth on my face, so he could see what he would be dealing with, but now it's time to remove it preferably before I go funking crazy with this itching bullshit o_O

Today's Shave

Hoffritz slant
Gillette Blue Blade
ES Big Jock Synthetic
Saponifico Varesino 70th Anniversary ( face lathered as always, if your wondering how I use this shaving soap, that's how)
Results

BSS WTG
I don't need to tell you the relief on removing that beard.

Today’s shave,

Soap. ……. Floris No89
Brush. ……. Simpson Berkeley 45
Razor. ……. CB Karve (c)
Blade. ……. Nacet (3)
ASL. ……… Tabac
Asb. …….. . Floris No89
Edc. ……… Tabac

Stay safe, enjoy your day
756A7279-3A23-4D6B-B464-04E269D53EF4.jpeg

Tue 9th November

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick Super 11
Ultrex Twin Cart ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

No I have not taken leave of my senses, but having got hold of this 70s Schick thinking it was Type N I thought I should try it out. I took a punt on these Ultrex blades, and they fit perfectly.
With a good Vitos lather I had a Full Shave, and by using light/ no pressure strokes obtained a rather good all round finish. Cannot see me using it a lot, but it will make a good Carry On Travel Razor.

C024CE25-50C6-454C-A43A-9E136D8A0D39.jpeg

Sotd-09-11-21.png
This morning -

razor - Not Vector (Leaf Twig)
blade - Nacet (1)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - Nivea
post - witch hazel
a/s - Cien
balm - L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive
scent - none.

An excellent 'economy' shave - it's worth remembering that you cannot spend your way to a good result. I had noticed the L'Oreal balm used about these parts now and again and discovered it in the local pharmacy for a very reasonable £1.99 a bottle. Worth a punt at that price. It does what it is supposed to and might be compared to Nivea or Lea - what's not to like? The name intrigues me - and suggests two possible situations - 1) the product development people at L'Oreal don't know the difference between hydra and hydro or 2) it really does have ground up Greek sea monster extract in the formulation. Which is pretty cool for two quid? I know which explanation I prefer. I don't know why I'm taking the piss - no doubt Tallow and Steel are about to introduce their new Winged Labyrinth base - containing minotaur and unicorn fat. :) Enjoy shaving one and all - I.

09/11/21
Pre - Shower,
Brush - Simpson Duke 3
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 45  (4).JPG
I am getting some really great shaves this week, today was no exception, i am so glad i caved in to the re-buying the Feather, this version is going nowhere.
3 passes for a BBS comfortable finish, no indication from the splash at all.
This blade is showing no signs of degradation so it gets another run out.
I enjoyed that!
FB_IMG_1478201448104.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: Tabac

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum block - Proraso balm

DE Shave #42

Tried the R3 plate today and the result was a lovely close shave. No nicks or weepers but there is a small area on my top lip that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom