23 December

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Plisson synthetic
Gillette Fatboy Adjustable (4)
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso white asb
Chanel Bleu

View attachment 62389

The lather from the Pannacrema soap was fabulous and the aroma was even better. This is a fantastic Italian soap. The shave was smooth and close, the highlight of a dull, rainy, bad news day.
Absolutely agree with you on the Pannacrema.

Wednesday AM 2020-12-23
National Roots Day
GMIdbV9.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (13)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave
Utq2zwL.jpg

Wednesday 23rd December

ACtC-3dXr4Ax960zRN6Ol47RQnCUS-N_l5NSfrLaDpw0EjwgYgwOEVd-sBbtH8m0VaOuZ2WfBnsYxwh88Iq8GAvs6UJRx6QBOmldDneAyehTE16XFSxLCwhqaODHA6o2Nqs28moRk84OPsFuqNLYuJHBUbWMww=s1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Yardley Shaving Soap (Vintage) & Ever Ready 600BN w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
Two pass (2 day) shave with King C Gillette w/RazoRock Radio Handle & Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, alum wash & Ach Brito Lavanda Aftershave​

My first proper traditional razor was a Merkur 23C. Excited, then, to use the King C Gillette, which I'd previously thought to be yet another R89, but it is actually different - not an R89 and not an M23, but somewhere in between. Either way, ostensibly the same razor ... as both of those.

Fun!

I remembered that the angle is best sought from the middle of the cap with the handle sticking straight out, lower it and when it bites, that's the angle. Yep! Riding the cap, as they say ... which is how I shave with every razor but sense memory lets me do that more instinctually with most of my collection.

Good to get back to basics, both in terms of razor and technique ...

That, and the brush was one of the first vintage brushes that I reknotted. Back then the choice of synthetics was very limited and somewhat difficult to come by - Muhle did a brush with an interchangeable badger and synthetic knot, which the knot made for a good choice for re-knots. Just 21mm, though ... damn! How things have changed. That seemed perfectly acceptable at the time. Talking of perfectly acceptable ...

Still enjoying the Big Ben Super Stainless. Perfectly acceptable and entirely forgettable; just a good middle tier stainless blade.

Last edited:
Getting in to my new Merkur 25c, second shave with it today. Just based on these two shaves and a comparison with my other razors, I'm finding it most agreeable! Light and easy to manoeuvre, about the right level of aggressiveness. Two close shaves in two days, and minor cuts only.

Whipping up a good lather with some Musgo Real Orange Amber and gently improving my technique and face awareness. I'm definitely enjoying my return to the world of DE!

Wed 23rd December

Cyril Salter MS. 2band
Williams Mug Soap
ES Claymore V1
Schick Proline ( 9 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I am finding these quick Shaves not bad at all. The Claymore despite its apparent bulk, is rather good when working around the upper lip and chin. In fact I am rather pleased to have got such a good finish in such a short time.
324ACF58-B76F-4CEA-9E9C-A7D5D33CBDB3.jpeg

My shave brought to you by the theme 'Japanese girlie band of the year'

IMG_20201223_175558.jpg

Fate Gear? - Aluminum General on a General brass handle
Band Maid? - Kai Captain
Destrose? - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Aldious? - Signature Soaps Britannia
Bed in? - Eau Sauvage

So a shave with a couple of newbies in here with the aluminium General and the Britannia soap. So expect blood, sweat and tears.

Thank you to a very kind TSR member I have finally plugged the gap and now have the complete Colonial SE collection. Or at least I think I have. Go on someone tell me I haven't.

To be honest this was more a collectable prize for me as I have never really got on with aluminium razors finding them all rather lightweight (as one would expect) and a delivery to match their weight. I bought this thinking a spare titanium handle I have would be the perfect partner forgetting being American it also has some obscure American thread size. Duh. Fortunately I also have a spare Colonial brass handle, problem solved even if a bit is a strange match. Physically though I don't find it any different to any of the other V1's. Stick in a trusty Kai Captain and away we go.

Mmmm, this may change my thoughts towards aluminium razors as it doesn't feel that much different to any of the other Colonials. Perhaps not quite the final edge but doing damn fine. No issues on a full three passes and my only final thought is that a Feather Super might be a more suitable blade to make up for the lack of weight. Only another 10+ shaves to go before I try. I have patience.

Signature Soaps Britannia. A great lather as Brian doesn't do bad shaving mediums and on this front everything has always been first class. This one is no different, but the scent is a bit odd for my taste. It rather reminds me of my childhood visits to the corner sweet shop. Like chewing a stick of Wriggleys with a mouthful of aniseed balls. A very fresh scent if ever, just not me. As a shaving soap though it is like any other Signature soap and will never let you down. They are soaps you just can't go wrong with.

The brush was probably not the best choice as a a little too large for the tin. Like trying to squeeze in to a pair of 28 inch waist trousers when I'm a 36 inch waist. But persevere and the brush did its magic face lathering trick.

Lather, brush, razor, moisturise and one hell of a super shave with Slick smooth end results and a round of applause from team world speed clapping champions 'we got the clap'

This shave contained no blood, no sweat and no tears

More important than the shave though we have finally arrived at the main theme of 'Japanese girlie band of the year'

Ahem, I give you........

'Lesser talent but more gusset'. Those tacky lovely girls 'Bed In'

'Best album award'. The wonderful Otoboke Beaver with their Itakoma Hits. 14 songs, 29 minutes of sheer bonkers music

'Best song of the year' - Lost Road (?)

'Best band of the year' - Band Maid (always will be)

ありがとう、おやすみなさい

Had an other great shave today.
Pre-shave Proraso White
Razor: MÜHLE R41t
Blade: Wizamet (2nd)
Brush: Semogue 830 Hereditas (Brand new version) Broken-in in the fridge for 3 days. First use.
Soap: Cella
Nivea Soft Creme

I was very nervous about my first use of the infamous MÜHLE R41t, But apart from a micro burn under the nose; no weepers or nicks!

Great Shave

Result: 9/10

Thu 24th Final Surf & Shave
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Aftershaves Thayers + Hyaluronic + TGS Chronos
Nice lather, thickly creamy slick and aromatic scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for an enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
20201224_071516.jpg
20201224_084222.jpg

SOTD : 24th December 2020.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my Face & Head.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.
Brush : APShave Co ~ Cashmere 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Soap : Monsavon Au Lait.
Blade: Mers: ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (4)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face& Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Alaska ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

(Christmas Eve Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

As it's christmas day tomorrow i have done my weekly Wahl no guard buzz cut + followed by a head shave...

A superb face & head christmas eve shave. Throughout the week the katana razor has yet again performed superbly with it's efficient smoothness. I'm really pleased that i placed a order for it now...A great addition to my shaving den and a superb christmas present to myself.

The 'Snapped in 1/2' Supershave X blade has impressed me 'especially for my head shave' with it's non-aggressive yet smooth efficiency another blade that has paired together with the assertive Katana wonderfully...I intend to try out various other brand blades in future shaves...As always the monsavon shaving soap never fails to provide a luxurious protective slick lather.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable christmas eve face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel...My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your christmas eve ladies & gentlemen.;)

PS: To all members of TSR, try and have a safe & peaceful christmas day tomorrow.:cool:

Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
My shave brought to you by the theme 'Japanese girlie band of the year'

View attachment 62391

Fate Gear? - Aluminum General on a General brass handle
Band Maid? - Kai Captain
Destrose? - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Aldious? - Signature Soaps Britannia
Bed in? - Eau Sauvage

So a shave with a couple of newbies in here with the aluminium General and the Britannia soap. So expect blood, sweat and tears.

Thank you to a very kind TSR member I have finally plugged the gap and now have the complete Colonial SE collection. Or at least I think I have. Go on someone tell me I haven't.

To be honest this was more a collectable prize for me as I have never really got on with aluminium razors finding them all rather lightweight (as one would expect) and a delivery to match their weight. I bought this thinking a spare titanium handle I have would be the perfect partner forgetting being American it also has some obscure American thread size. Duh. Fortunately I also have a spare Colonial brass handle, problem solved even if a bit is a strange match. Physically though I don't find it any different to any of the other V1's. Stick in a trusty Kai Captain and away we go.

Mmmm, this may change my thoughts towards aluminium razors as it doesn't feel that much different to any of the other Colonials. Perhaps not quite the final edge but doing damn fine. No issues on a full three passes and my only final thought is that a Feather Super might be a more suitable blade to make up for the lack of weight. Only another 10+ shaves to go before I try. I have patience.

Signature Soaps Britannia. A great lather as Brian doesn't do bad shaving mediums and on this front everything has always been first class. This one is no different, but the scent is a bit odd for my taste. It rather reminds me of my childhood visits to the corner sweet shop. Like chewing a stick of Wriggleys with a mouthful of aniseed balls. A very fresh scent if ever, just not me. As a shaving soap though it is like any other Signature soap and will never let you down. They are soaps you just can't go wrong with.

The brush was probably not the best choice as a a little too large for the tin. Like trying to squeeze in to a pair of 28 inch waist trousers when I'm a 36 inch waist. But persevere and the brush did its magic face lathering trick.

Lather, brush, razor, moisturise and one hell of a super shave with Slick smooth end results and a round of applause from team world speed clapping champions 'we got the clap'

This shave contained no blood, no sweat and no tears

More important than the shave though we have finally arrived at the main theme of 'Japanese girlie band of the year'

Ahem, I give you........

'Lesser talent but more gusset'. Those tacky lovely girls 'Bed In'

'Best album award'. The wonderful Otoboke Beaver with their Itakoma Hits. 14 songs, 29 minutes of sheer bonkers music

'Best song of the year' - Lost Road (?)

'Best band of the year' - Band Maid (always will be)

ありがとう、おやすみなさい
Some new bands to get my teeth into there (so to speak!) I've only heard Otoboke Beaver before, and you're right - they're delightfully nuts o_O

24/12/20
Pre: Wickams Pre shave face wash
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: IBC "Cerakote" Shavette
Blade: Personna Injector (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 52 6. Thurs.JPG
1st time using an injector blade in the IBC, it certainly raised the concentration level for me.
I completed my 2 pass shaving routine WTG then a XTG (cheeks)/ATG (neck) mix with a little touch up under the chin and on the Devils whirlpools to finish.
I knew i'd had a close shave and decided on an Alum rub, some indication here and there but nothing really stinging.
Gotta say its a fine BBS result, well happy with that.

On a sad note,
For the Motherships safety and after a big family discussion we have managed to get a placement in a top care home by the sea front (local to most of us) and Mam was agreeable about it, she will have more company as we couldn't visit when she was in her apartment (Covid lockdown rules of her block), leaving her lonely and vulnerable after her fall.
After 2 weeks quarantine she re tested positive today for C-19, which means my 1st visit with her today has been cancelled, we are in discussions with the home as she tested negative to gain the placement and it could be a false positive as she has already got through this once. It must be so hard for her.
Fingers crossed.

Stay Safe and enjoy your Christmas Eve All.

UPDATE, The Mothership is out of isolation after a recheck, Lateral flow check negative. The visits are back on. Its made my day.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom