Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd December 2022

Monday 19th December

AL9nZEW38IG2PtL9_WhUeZ55diZHENVMAX7MdXDwSZtShNexBrqXB_-CF5yEO6-LkMm6VDo4Hh4dc1QDiuiEJWhxXYvhpRpgpn_dOM5rEcbSC_pHmhNx8kesjh-NpSBcqGIGR0HppgLzdzaXkX6FgBh5iEMMag=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 w/HJM Professional Boar 25mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Gillette Rhino (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

I found a single Gillette Rhino tucked away in one of my razor cases, clearly put away for a future shave because at the time (circa-2015?) I found it to be unrivalled, delivering true single pass DFS from a very sharp blade. Since then, I have found blades to equal but they are few and far between. Shaving with this blade today, it is exactly as I remembered.

After using the Super Gillette Blue a short while ago, I wondered if perhaps the Rhino might well have been repackaged into that blade ... but recall the Super Gillette Blue being available also at the time. Anyway, the Blue is a somewhat smoother experience than the Rhino.

I would, however, not be at all surprised if the Gillette London Bridge is this very blade.

AL9nZEU9vkegfMWGz_UG9eEG3z5DAPhe3YTe4sC4_p0oUukBoqUxQzzhUQnkpqpvt0MmbyLhgzx9LzMn8dnfJdshDGLKYM8Af9y2ClnEIieIhg_skvELAXb-6YePLNHXjRwvkgZtyr8vMB_UBVdpi08QYZMX6A=w400

AL9nZEUYiESMnq_x4Tbqe1_wX_HyEAyZAcMaoO_-OVQq3zEq9_YPYNKEIcgRr0Kj4rlmySwpDVDXNZlNUhdLNNjxQ7xnUN-CbfBvuPz_pTgdNz7gbiOAoduF7xHlYEWFWeJVs8J3v1PAkLsiaL8NEQ44eJX9yw=w400

Translated

See also: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/anybody-remember-rhino.53745/

A shave with the theme, 'The cult of Ikon'

20221219_113428.jpg

Aetherius society - Ikon B1
No no Hana Sanpogyo - Polsilver Lodz
Raelism - Yaqi something or other
John Frum - Extro Arzachena
No No Satanfriendlyism - Collegen

'The cult of Emporiumism'

After a long night of pulling and two days of not talking to a razor (or the missus) a very warmly received and well due shave. This one seeing a return to the newly gifted Ikon and yup, it is effing aggressive. I am wondering if the satin finish is not quite as smooth as the chrome cap I have and guess a future outing will see a change to see if my thoughts are correct.

As it is though, one damn close shave and feeling much better than I did prior to some proper sink time. The world feels much better.

Not working this evening so guess it must be tugging time.

And over to the cult of Japanese thrash chicks....I rather like the idea of the Red Bacteria Vacuum clan

And I haven't lost my love for you all. Because I do

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild V2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Cream: ESC fragrance free
PS 1: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

First try with the Feather blade, which I must admit intimidated me!
Happy to report that using a light toch I found that to be surprisingly comfortable and finished without even a single weeper.

Not a fully BBS shave because I was being cautious but after three passes I'm feeling fairly smooth and pleasantly irritation free.

SOTD: 20th December 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shave Soap.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Pashana Original ASL. / Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Everything in the shave worked together wonderfully.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20-Dec
20221218_101921.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Schick Injector No Idea
Blade: B-20 (2)

Decent enough shave today, the first pass was better than the initial outing, and the second was just as good. Acceptable finish but still not fantastic, but a pleasant shave in itself.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

07EA77C4-3333-4B0F-91DC-99C0DC5A458A.jpeg
SOTD: 20/12/2022

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Tabac Original Eau de Toilette

As a step before saving for an Ascension, (thanks to the kind loans/enabling of @slapo) I thought I get a cheap Yaqi Mellon head to tide me over until I can afford the real thing. After a quick read up I was expecting a milder shave than with the Ascension but after loading the blade I had no idea how I would get that as I’ve never seen so much exposed blade on any razor before! I expected a very aggressive shave but was given a delightful mild and efficient one! I’ve no idea how the head geometry works with that much blade exposed but it was an amazing smooth shave, I’m talking Tech level ease. A welcome addition to the den and will do wonders as a razor to alternate with the Shield AC which is so smooth and efficient I was still BBS last evening and only had mild growth to deal with this morning. For £6.62 for the head, you can’t argue with the price or results!
Enjoy your day guys.

Back
Top Bottom