Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

14 November

P&B Borealis
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

8FBB2653-0609-40BC-8CF3-9907974EBF66.jpeg

A winter scented two pass shave produced a smooth and comfortable result. A loose hair from the Simpson turned me to thinking how well my synthetic brushes perform, and whether I should continue to use my few remaining badger brushes. I think I enjoy creating a lather more with the synthetic brushes, they are so easy, and so much less expensive, the odd splash of water aside.

Sat 14th November

Muhle Silvertip 21mm
Ach Brito- Mogno - soap. bar
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My second use of this soap, the rectangular shape may seem odd, but in fact is great when applying to the face. The little brush quickly whipped up a great lather and retained a good amount for later in the Shave.A really nice comfortable Shave, having no problems in getting a superb close finish. Post Shave the skin feels very fresh and no burn with the After Shave. Like this soap a lot, a bit of a bargain from Ach Brito.

D51F00ED-F45D-450E-B27C-DA981FB2ED30.jpeg

Sat 14th November

Muhle Silvertip 21mm
Ach Brito- Mogno - soap. bar
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My second use of this soap, the rectangular shape may seem odd, but in fact is great when applying to the face. The little brush quickly whipped up a great lather and retained a good amount for later in the Shave.A really nice comfortable Shave, having no problems in getting a superb close finish. Post Shave the skin feels very fresh and no burn with the After Shave. Like this soap a lot, a bit of a bargain from Ach Brito.

View attachment 61169

I agree, Mike

The soap is very good - Even at twice or three times the price it would be worth it.
I grated a bar in to a ceramic dish for ease of use.

SOTD 14 November 2020 :)

Pre-shave: Cold water splash.
Croap: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Blackland Tradere - OC.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash - Clarins Men After Shave Energizer, Argan Oil, Hellenic Aloe Vera Gel.

14-11.jpg

I hope everyone is safe, well and bearing up in these times.

On a Saturday night, circa 6 weeks ago, a few beers in, I decided to go for the Blackland Tradere; my preference was for the SB, but decided after another beer to go for the OC, as the thought of waiting until November for the SB to come back into stock felt ages away. RAD waits for no man :)

After an elongated journey (a 4 week stop over in Australia) the Tradere arrived, earlier this week. To my relief it took 48 hours after arriving in the UK to arrive - a rapid pass through customs.

Results - well worth the wait. I did not know what to expect, unusually for me I had 2 1/2 days growth: a 2 pass shave later I was BBS with no issues - I was not chasing one, just looking to get through the shave with comfort and no issues.

Today was my third outing, a 1 pass shave - for me this is a very efficient razor, and after Friday's shave there was not much to shift. The weight, balance and smoothness is something to behold. As ever, I appreciate YMMV. A DFS+ result, with no issues to report.

The Antica Barbieria was wonderful, great lather and post shave skin feel; the Clairns post shave splash felt very good also.

All the best,

Chris

Saturday AM 2020-11-14
National Pickle Day
8E1YQyy.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Geranium EO/Rose Hydrosol
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
Ethos Grooming Mysore Santal aftershave
wDMSK5M.jpg

Saturday 14th November

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Quorum Aftershave

The Timeless razor arrived today, so of course, I just had to use it for tonight's shave.
With it having a blade gap of only .38mm, I was at first a little sceptical. I needn't have been concerned. This isn't a mild razor, imo.
Blade feel is very apparent, and was immediately aware that I had better be careful with it.
My usual WTG/ATG routine has left me as near as damn it BBS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom