Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

SOTD : 14th November 2020.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Vie-Long Shave Stick.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (1) (Green cover)

Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) wtg 2.5,xtg 2.5,atg + Pick Ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

(adjustable razor & shave stick Week.)

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

The subcontinent razor and blade duo was a wonderful smooth efficient match, mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

The Trig stainless blade are made by the Treet co in Pakistan i have used these blades a few times in the past and have always had good shaving results with them today was no exception. They come in two different covers blue & green both of the blades have impressed me with their sharp longevity and smoothness. As to say which is the better blade between them, they are the same blade just in different packaging for selling purposes.

The Vie-Long horsehair brush & shave stick duo performed with brilliance building up a slick protective lather on my face in a short space of time creating enough lather for the full shave without having to re-apply to my face to create more lather.

Once in a while i get what i consider a 'BBS' shave, today is one of those days.. A very enjoyable flawless 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Pre: Shower / Proraso Sensitive
Bowl: Recycled T&H cream tub
Cream: TOBS Lime Zest
Brush: AP Shave Co. Synbad
Razor: Mach3, handmade handle

Really pleased with the Proraso stuff, using pre-shave makes a difference to me for sure. Better glide & post shave feel. Other than rotating a handful of synthetic brushes, I'd happily use this same setup for months.

Only minor gripe is brush clanging the sides of the tub I use as a bowl due to it being quite small & high sided. Never got round to replacing my proper bowl, which dropped in the sink. Luckily the sink won the fight and the bowl lost, but it's made me wary of using a ceramic bowl even though they are very nice. Also this one fits in the narrow cabinet

Last edited:
Sat 14th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Excellent soap! Super nice scent suitable for a lazy weekend. Creamy and slick too...
Shave with an excellent razor paired with excellent blade was very nice! Settings at 9-wtg, 7-xtg, 7-atg & 5-some buffing. Smooth and comfortable for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershave especially with Whisky Wood for a looong lasting scent. Unexpected creeper so rating 9.5/10 otherwise would have been perfect.....

14/11/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Brush: Dscosmetics 2B
Soap: La Maison du Savon de Marseille Monsieur Mister
Pre: None
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase
ASB: None

A member mentioned that this soap appears identical to PDP in both ingredients and place of manufacturer. I've never used PDP but found this to be a really good soap. Nice light scent, easy to lather, plenty of residual slickness and a nice face feel afterwards @donnie_arko

Parker 90R, ASP
MÜHLE Stylo grenadilla wood
Antica Barberia Mondial Talc
MÜHLE Sea Buckthorn & mastiha water splash mix
Wickham Soap Co. Apricus balm
Armani Code Absolu EdP

Few words on the Parker: very good weight (82gr.) balance, aggressiveness is on the 'plus' side of a Merkur HD, long handle works great and is not really slippery, very effective razor overall.

The brush and soap are phenomenal, and I had truly missed how good is Darron's balm...

A great weekend to all!

Date:- 14 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Prep : Warm water shower with glycerin soap
Pre Shave: Prorasso ‘Green' Pre Shave
Razor : Schick injector circa 1968
Brush : Yaqi 24 Aluminium Handle
Blade : Schick Injector Blade 1st shave
Soap : Eucris by Geo F Trumper
After shave : Aramis 900

First time using the Schick Injector and I was impressed with how efficient it is - effortless shaving and very smooth finish.