Saturday 12th December to Friday 18th December 2020

Iain, you are not alone

@NatJag @Scotshave @donnie_arko

Thank you for the feedback - it's not just me then? I haven't tried a synth with it - but to be honest - I can't be bothered - it shouldn't be this hard. I will keep the matching splash - as I said - the scent is gorgeous - but - the soap isn't worth any more of my time. A five quid tub of Proraso performs way better - I'll maybe give it away - see if anybody else can get a better result than me. Disappointed. I.

Sun 13th SOTD
Soap Shannon's BarberShop - Trying New Sample
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Wow..! Very very nice soap! Easy to lather and what a great scent! Creamy and slick too...all from just a tiny bit.
Shave with the fav vintage razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for between a bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Excellent soap and razor/blade!
Rating 9.8/10
20201213_111533.jpg

SOTD : 13th December 2020.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Omega S10065.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Cella Crema Da Barba.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (2)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum. / Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

The Cella shaving cream is such a wonderful performer. Each time i use it's scent reminds me of a warm Bakewell Tart...The Benjamins mentholated bay rum is a great match for the sweet almond fragranced Cella.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

13/12/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk 51 (2) Sun.JPG
A great slick lather today from the super Stirling soap and Simpson synth,
3 "light touch" full passes for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
When i first got the Blackbird i thought it may be a bit too much for me, although, i did find it more forgiving than the Dart.
So, before i put it up on BST i thought i would give another spin as i was hoping my technique has improved over the last year or so.
Loaded with a Lab Blue it has just given me a wonderful shave, very close but nowhere near as scary as the first few times i used it (i may even give the OC plate a go again ;) ).
So glad i gave it another chance. He will be staying in the shaving arsenal.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Sunday 13 December 2020
Lazy mid-morning - weather rubbish: rain - started the minute I was thinking of taking the bike out!
Excellent shave again Braveheart/Wilkinson combo - four days' growth, three passes, perfect -:)
Prep: Shower - Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart
Blade: Wilkinson (white box)
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime (running low now)
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Paco Rabanne 1 Million ASB

The shave with the theme 'Lazy like a Sunday morning'

IMG_20201212_182736.jpg

Idle razor - Razorock stainless V3
Apathetic blade - Feather Super Professional
Sloth brush - Razorock 400
lethargic cream - Gentleman's Tonic
Somnolent scent - Profumo Di Firenze

Can I be bothered to carry on and say anything else? Not really but all I can add is, Top class shave

Sorry love I just can't be arsed

That's okay neither can I

Do you fancy a bit of Blistar?

Oh yes please

Sun 13th SOTD
Soap Shannon's BarberShop - Trying New Sample
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Wow..! Very very nice soap! Easy to lather and what a great scent! Creamy and slick too...all from just a tiny bit.
Shave with the fav vintage razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for between a bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Excellent soap and razor/blade!
Rating 9.8/10
View attachment 62059

Like the razor stand. Very inventive

Back
Top Bottom