Saturday 12th December to Friday 18th December 2020

12/12/20

Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap - Pre de Provence
Razor - Yaqi Scalloped Head
Blade - Supermax BD Platinum (17)
Post - Cien X Bolt Splash

I'd not used PdP in a very long time, and when I last used it I remember being somewhat underwhelmed but I was very pleased with the lather it produced today. First time using the Cien X Bolt splash, which smells ok but feels good on the skin.

Have a good weekend gents.

Saturday's Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Signature Soap Caledonian
Brush: 28mm Chubby Synbad Fan
Razor: Karve D Plate - Voskhod Blade
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: CK Obsession

I had a really bad reaction to a PAA splash which literally burned a layer of my skin on my neck , so I am have been using the DE while it recovers. Note to self , stick to what you know suits your skin !!

20201212_135957 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sotd-12-12-20.jpg

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Karve alu - D plate
blade - Med Prep (3)
brush - Semogue Torga boar
soap - LPL Abricot
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL Abricot
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barbaria
scent - Eau Suavage edp.

Perhaps due to using water about as soft as you get in Britain - I don't have an issue getting good lathers from any of the soaps or cremes I use - apart from this one. I have never produced anything with the LPL that wasn't thin, unstable and prone to rapidly breaking down - granted, I still had a comfortable shave - due to the slickness but that really isn't the point - this is a premium soap - with a price to match. I've tried every trick I know but nothing seems to work - which is a bummer as it smells divine - fresh, sweet but without being cloying. Ho hum - such is life - have better shaves than this - one and all - enjoy your weekends - take care - I.

Saturday AM 2020-12-12
National Horse Day
y0SjbuG.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (32/52)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Geranium EO/Rose Hydrosol
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
d0A6SDT.jpg

Saturday

Palmolive Stick
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Gillette SS Red Tip (1956)
Derby Extra
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

I notice that the humble Palmolive is now trending at over £5 on a well known auction site. Was it just over a year ago that we could get it for 50p in our chemists? Glad I bought a few; it really gives far more expensive soaps a run for their money, imo.
1F62D076-E65F-4C4E-AE89-09C7FB065B66.jpeg

Perhaps due to using water about as soft as you get in Britain - I don't have an issue getting good lathers from any of the soaps or cremes I use - apart from this one. I have never produced anything with the LPL that wasn't thin, unstable and prone to rapidly breaking down - granted, I still had a comfortable shave - due to the slickness but that really isn't the point - this is a premium soap - with a price to match. I've tried every trick I know but nothing seems to work - which is a bummer as it smells divine - fresh, sweet but without being cloying. Ho hum - such is life - have better shaves than this - one and all - enjoy your weekends - take care - I.

Perhaps the soap only works well with hard water, or the soap is overpriced for it's performance.

View attachment 62044

Prep - facial scrub
blade - Med Prep (3)
soap - LPL Abricot
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL Abricot
scent - Eau Suavage edp.

Do you have a synth brush in the arsenal, Iain? I haven't had a soap that I can't lather with one (although, LPL Cedre and Patchouli is en route; and that might kick my argument into the stars).

View attachment 62044

Prep - facial scrub
blade - Med Prep (3)
soap - LPL Abricot
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL Abricot
scent - Eau Suavage edp.

Iain, you are not alone

Back
Top Bottom