Saturday 12th December to Friday 18th December 2020

Mileage, I suppose. I tried an IKon Tech and it was bloody uncomfortable for me.

TBH, I've never tried iKon Tech. And don't intend to. It was not a quest for a more efficient razor: R41 is just right for me.
I just don't like chromed zamak in general.
There are mixed reviews of Z0. But the razor appears to be even not half as bad. They've obviously screwed the original geometry, but the razor now has its own vibe. Absolutely usable (for me).
I would much prefer the original R41 in stainless steel though. Muehle are losing their market share here.

TBH, I've never tried iKon Tech. And don't intend to. It was not a quest for a more efficient razor: R41 is just right for me.
I just don't like chromed zamak in general.
There are mixed reviews of Z0. But the razor appears to be even not half as bad. They've obviously screwed the original geometry, but the razor now has its own vibe. Absolutely usable (for me).
I would much prefer the original R41 in stainless steel though. Muehle are losing their market share here.
I got a 2013 head from @RussellR5555 a while back and I paired it with an iKon SS handle (as you probably saw on the recent SOTD). It certainly does enough for me; it's just that right balance of heft (with the steel handle) efficiency and smoothness. I reckon if I put anything more assertive on my face, I'd suffer. It's like Feather blades: arguably the most efficient but, for me, they're uncomfortable.

Wed 16th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L (ensure named correctly today :D)
Blade Personna Med Prep 4th
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Reliable lather from the cream. Nice scent and slickness.
Shave with my evergreen 1st DE razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues. Nice bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201216_082523.jpg

Wednesday 16th December
Anbbas Tux - OSP Orange & Patchouli - TNNSER 3D - GEM SSC #6 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
lUFfJMa.jpg

Last edited:
16 December

TFS Crazy Sandalwood
Razorock 24mm Plissoft
Gillette Fatboy Adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue
Proraso white asb

14BB1F85-EF87-4E36-9760-AC5F79D49DE3.jpeg
An astonishingly good shave this morning, two passes and a smooth result. This old Gillette razor is really good, although a little more protection from the tags of the blade would have been a bonus. The 24mm Razorock brush was the proof for me that synthetic fibre brushes could do better than natural fibres brushes, an opinion reinforced today.

Back
Top Bottom