Saturday 02th January to Friday 08th January 2021

Find a difference with the cold water, Chris? I use it constantly. The only downside is freezing hands :LOL:

@Scotshave Yes; the stubble feels more prominent, I go with your theory that the skin contracts and the hair presents better to a razor. I was also thinking about more prep time - i.e. splashing more water on the face than usual, and keeping the shave simple - water - soap - blade.

All the best,

Chris

3B8CBCEF-9025-4691-B6DB-8F0C139F0378.jpeg

Second shave with the Danish Shaving Soap 'Badeanstalten'.
The soap has a nice Cedarwood scent, lathering takes some work and it's very thirsty.
Reasonably good glide and cushing. Post shave feeling is average.
I find the soap to be very average, and mostly bought for a try out. I'll try it a few times more, and if performance does not improve,
it will properbly be binned, as I have multiple way better performing soaps in stock.

Alpha Outlaw Ti G4 Synth
Carbon Shaving Co Cx-Titan Two-Tone

Soap - Mudder Focker
Brush - Dcosmetics Badger
Razor - Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #2
Post - EJ Limes and Pomegranate
Splash - Mudder Focker

Soap - Mudder Focker
Brush - Dcosmetics Badger
Razor - Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #2
Post - EJ Limes and Pomegranate
Splash - Mudder Focker

View attachment 62852
Probably the worst shave I've had in about a year, absolutely awful. Shite lather and I have a face like a mixed grill.
We go again tomorrow.
Stay Safe Buccaneers ‍☠
On a side note I absolutely love the scent of Mudder Focker. Beautiful stuff

Monday 4th January

ACtC-3eqFnc6UKr63BASWVmnjLqxmMAA4dvz0R6PmJc6GiTpFUPnsnXKFRUttx7mvKnNTzWoHRBNyxYj9QpRw8JXzM4qZP7Ox_7ZXCgM-zMMyWJ6DoQZYaQdq-jLFuLOHuwOD0LW9mVgWksVwbtHXgPjJRLrlw=s1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Extra Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather with Hampshire Wool Fat & hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
Single pass shave with RazoRock Game Changer 0.84 OC & PermaSharp Super (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, dab of Prep Creme & Pashana Original Aftershave​

Wow! That was mild ... no, wait ... smooth ... no, wait ... efficient? And so, I finished my shave with the same quizzical face that I started it with, wondering how to load the blade - on the cap for it to slip around when you try to drop the baseplate on, or on the baseplate for the top cap to be dropped onto and the whole thing slip around trying to flip it over? I got the blade in ...

... a bit like when you first get into a 1980s SAAB 900 and wonder where to put the key (the lock is between the seats under the handbrake) and then wonder why it was left in reverse (to lock the transmission when the key is out) but once you're rolling it all fits into place and you're driving as you would any car. Apart from (back in the day) it was so damn quick, you wondered where the road went!

... and so with one pass, I was done. Done. Granted, I can walk away quite happy from a single pass shave with just about any razor, but this was indeed very efficient. I like it? Yes, that's a question mark. I'm not sure?

Much thanks to @Tony'schin for the very generous lend of this razor. I hoped it would answer my quesions about the Game Changer, but it seems to have opened up more. I'll have a few more shaves with it.

Certainly a good shave, with super lather and post-shave feel from the very excellent Hampshire Wool Fat shaving soap, which I've set into a vintage Boots ceramic dish. It's very much at home there. Slopping the hjm mop around worked well with this soap.

Gosh! I miss my old SAAB 900 ...

ACtC-3devWRqgU0b4CMCoVjoXRn560H8OtBsbrqNVDmfCqGdJ-81FHxBrvLbHDx_39LxlOW71pt0vAOGzxAEJsrFkc3MNZh26urYwqqWZ3lc3NDvQQI_g1y5wI5pEa8nHwh7-3Nnx9AFs1Q1PlTTwzpKZHdP8Q=w800

I hadn't noticed before, but the colour scheme matches the house :ROFLMAO:

Monday 4th January

ACtC-3eqFnc6UKr63BASWVmnjLqxmMAA4dvz0R6PmJc6GiTpFUPnsnXKFRUttx7mvKnNTzWoHRBNyxYj9QpRw8JXzM4qZP7Ox_7ZXCgM-zMMyWJ6DoQZYaQdq-jLFuLOHuwOD0LW9mVgWksVwbtHXgPjJRLrlw=s1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Extra Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather with Hampshire Wool Fat & hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
Single pass shave with RazoRock Game Changer 0.84 OC & PermaSharp Super (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, dab of Prep Creme & Pashana Original Aftershave​

Wow! That was mild ... no, wait ... smooth ... no, wait ... efficient? And so, I finished my shave with the same quizzical face that I started it with, wondering how to load the blade - on the cap for it to slip around when you try to drop the baseplate on, or on the baseplate for the top cap to be dropped onto and the whole thing slip around trying to flip it over? I got the blade in ...

... a bit like when you first get into a 1980s SAAB 900 and wonder where to put the key (the lock is between the seats under the handbrake) and then wonder why it was left in reverse (to lock the transmission when the key is out) but once you're rolling it all fits into place and you're driving as you would any car. Apart from (back in the day) it was so damn quick, you wondered where the road went!

... and so with one pass, I was done. Done. Granted, I can walk away quite happy from a single pass shave with just about any razor, but this was indeed very efficient. I like it? Yes, that's a question mark. I'm not sure?

Much thanks to @Tony'schin for the very generous lend of this razor. I hoped it would answer my quesions about the Game Changer, but it seems to have opened up more. I'll have a few more shaves with it.

Certainly a good shave, with super lather and post-shave feel from the very excellent Hampshire Wool Fat shaving soap, which I've set into a vintage Boots ceramic dish. It's very much at home there. Slopping the hjm mop around worked well with this soap.

Gosh! I miss my old SAAB 900 ...

ACtC-3devWRqgU0b4CMCoVjoXRn560H8OtBsbrqNVDmfCqGdJ-81FHxBrvLbHDx_39LxlOW71pt0vAOGzxAEJsrFkc3MNZh26urYwqqWZ3lc3NDvQQI_g1y5wI5pEa8nHwh7-3Nnx9AFs1Q1PlTTwzpKZHdP8Q=w800

I hadn't noticed before, but the colour scheme matches the house :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the DVLA have placed an untaxed vehicle sign on your windscreen.......

Looks like the DVLA have placed an untaxed vehicle sign on your windscreen.......

Actually, those were the days when you did display a tax disc (top left ... very curved screen). The yellow was a steering wheel cover/guard since you could start these things with a mildly worn spoon. The logo at the top was the original Aero logo:

10_SAAB_logo.jpg

Born from Jets!

2021-01-04-16-41-33-733.jpg
Good evening Gents
SOTN 04-01-2021

SOTD
Preshave: T&H ultimate comfort
SS: Officina Artigiana Milano oil de benessere
ASL: Officina Artigiana Milano
Razor: Rockwell 6c 4-4
Blade: Nacet 1st use
Brush: Zenith boar
A great soap along with its asl gives you a superior experience. Amazing fragrance witch lasts up to 6hours, skin food essential oils are used in this lovely soap. Definitely recommend it and belongs on my top 5.
Be safe

Masculine is the best I can say - very pleasantly masculine
Cheers @Paul L . I'm about to press send on yet another order for a couple of soaps - the last couple have been very flowery (not unpleasantly so by any means) and I'm aiming to balance that with more tobaccoey, darker scents. I expected the Sterling Hipster I picked up to be like that, but all I get is a top-end sherbet type smell and little else. I'll add it to the TFS ones on the purchase list. (y)

Cheers @Paul L . I'm about to press send on yet another order for a couple of soaps - the last couple have been very flowery (not unpleasantly so by any means) and I'm aiming to balance that with more tobaccoey, darker scents. I expected the Sterling Hipster I picked up to be like that, but all I get is a top-end sherbet type smell and little else. I'll add it to the TFS ones on the purchase list. (y)

RazoRock Puros is a nice tobacco leaf scent, matching aftershave splash is available too.
Tabac is the best tobacco scented soap and aftershave I have used.

Not that I am in any way enabling . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom