Sandalwood soaps.

Pig Cat said:
The only sandalwood soap I've used was TOBS and I wasn't keen.

+ 1. I found it very unremarkable and ended up using it in the shower, where it was quite nice.

Cade is on my wishlist anyway so nice to know it features in the Sandalwood scores as well!

Has anyone tried Prof's Formula 31 yet? Thats available in sandalwood too I think.

quattrojames said:
Pig Cat said:
The only sandalwood soap I've used was TOBS and I wasn't keen.

+ 1. I found it very unremarkable and ended up using it in the shower, where it was quite nice.

Cade is on my wishlist anyway so nice to know it features in the Sandalwood scores as well!

Has anyone tried Prof's Formula 31 yet? Thats available in sandalwood too I think.

TOBS sandalwood was the first soap I used and although I loved the scent I struggled to lather it properly, may have been down to my lack of experience or it may have been down to the soap.

Cade is a nice soap, I don't particularly pick up much sandalwood from it though.

CADE arrived today. Very nice, good smell, goood lather.

As an added bonus the refill fits perfectly in an old blue wilkinson sword soap container. So no need for the overpriced metal dish.

moodymick said:
if you live in a hard water area like i do, the aluminium scums up like a bastard and takes some right scrubbing to bring it back to looking nice. Anyone know best way to 'clean' aluminium?
I live in a hard water area, for cleaning DEs, I use a vinegar & hot water solution (1/3 & 2/3) with a squidge of fairy liquid, soak for a couple of minutes. give it a scrub with an old toothbrush.

Works really well, rince in cold water.

Max

Sandalwood is one of those labels that have various interpretations depending on who makes it. If you want a pure Sandalwood scent, the Mysore hand soap is the one to get as it's just pure EO.

Using that as a reference, I haven't found anything "Sandalwood" that smells remotely like it.

Cade is more Juniper-based. C&E just smelled of cinnamon to my nose. I've smelt TOBS and Trumpers in the shop and they're nice, but nothing like Mysore. I have not tried AoS yet!

John

jhclare said:
.......If you want a pure Sandalwood scent, the Mysore hand soap is the one to get as it's just pure EO.

Using that as a reference, I haven't found anything "Sandalwood" that smells remotely like it.

John

You are quite right John, Mysore Sandalwood soap is not for the faint-hearted, it's full on bitch-slappin' good 'n' strong (available off t'Bay - quite reasonably priced btw).

Put it this way, if you wash with it then used ToBS Sandalwood to shave with it, all you will smell all day is the Mysore.

And for me, that ain't a bad thing :ugeek:

Back
Top Bottom