Sandalwood soaps.

I think it is more like almond scented soap..some people get tires of the scent after awhile...I think menthol and lime scented soaps have less of a "boring" scent...make sense?

Blades

joe mcclaine said:
Although not marketed as a 'sandalwood' soap, L'Occitane Cade shaving soap smells a LOT like a cologne called Diptyque Tam Dao which is considered the very best sandalwood scent available.

There you go then.

Cade.

That's the one then. Tam Dao is a fantastic scent.

Hiya,

Years ago I went through a sandalwood phase that included soaps/creams, and various EdTs and the like. I finally had to face the fact I just didn't really like almost all of em. That includes some well regarded niche frags known for their takes on sandalwood.

It's strange, because I do like some sandalwood incense. I was recently introduced to Japanese style incense and sandalwood can play a big part in some of those scents. Nice stuff if you haven't tried it before.

I do have one sandalwood soap in my rotation, and that's only because it smells unlike other soaps or creams with that note. The stuff that Charles sells at QED hits my nose perfectly, and sorta reminds me of that dry and single note incense I like. No idea what part of the world the sandalwood is from, but it's the only sandalwood soap/cream that suits me.

It ain't cheap at $20 plus shipping, but still a good value overall. As with the other QED soaps I've sniffed, the fragrance is intense. The scent lasts for a couple hours after the shave's done with, which I enjoy. Performance is the usual QED quality, which is a plus.

Martin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/Cade-Shaving-Soap-Refill,p20SB003LH.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/Cade-Shaving ... B003LH.htm</a><!-- m -->

Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood is good soap and smells of, erm sandalwood.

I do prefer cade in both performance and scent but if you're on a sandalwood quest it's well worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom