Sabini prototype

Haha... that crazy bloom reminds me of my second Stubby 2.

Just crazy. It annoyed me, so I sold it.

They jam so much hair into it, it becomes almost impossible to use, at least get any pleasure out of it. Fido is right, you can have too much of a good thing.

Strangely, my first sample of a Stubby 2 (which was then Fido's and then Antad's if I remember correctly) didn't bloom as much.

I don't know why, as the specs and the hair grade seemed to be the same.

Maybe they used a different glue in the knot which softens more with heat/moisture causing more bloom? Would the glue affect the bloom? Just speculating here...

I did notice that when bone dry the bloom subsided somewhat.

John

This is a new Rooney Finest:

RN.jpg

And used:

RU.jpg

Not a lot of bloom, bearing in mind it has a loft of 56 mm and a 24 mm knot.

Look at this Vulfix handle:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vulfixoldoriginal.com/products-detail.asp?CatID=1&SubCatID=22&ProductID=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vulfixoldoriginal.com/produc ... roductID=6</a><!-- m -->

So many similarities between shapes!

Yes, very similar..... the handle material on my brush is dense-heavy and what I would call dark ivory, a more rich aged look..... Darker- meaning more ivory than white, than my other faux ivory Vulfix or Simpsons. Top quality handle and knot!

Took delivery of this unusual little number today:

RooneyPrototype.jpg

Mr Sabini describes it as:

super badger hand made shaving brush.
nice and dense would make a good face lathering brush.

this would cost a lot of money in london.

I would say knot is 22mm approx.

Not sure from the description if this is made by him as a protype or not.

I will give it a wizz soon and report back.

55dougie said:
Fido, I purchased this proto-type from Lee Sabini. It's filled with Super Badger, 21mm knot, a dense brush.

DSCN0643.jpg

used:
DSCN0666.jpg

cheers,

That's a nice looking handle, how are you getting your hands on these?

Back
Top Bottom