Friday 15th January 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8 Injector
Blade: Schick Injector NOS
Brush: Duke 3
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Aramis Perfume Rose Calligraphy

A shave worth commenting on, but only for it's mediocrity. I have of late been using up odds and ends of NOS Injector blades that I have picked up over recent years with razor purchases, such is the case with these blades and they are not very nice at all to shave with. I suspect they are uncoated stainless (were they coated I would have thought the cassette/magazine would say as much) I do not know their age, on the back of the magazine it states M04-5 could this be the year? It seems to me to be too modern.

I ended up with a super close shave albeit a very uncomfortable one, these little buggers really tug! Not all NOS Injector blades are good, some are very indifferent. Anyway, I make this post as I know many of you are great fans of NOS Injector blades so if you see any of these on E Bay you might want to pass on them.

Regards
Dick.

P1000688.JPG

P1000692.JPG

P1000693.JPG

P1000694.JPG

Last edited:
7MafAXkh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Phoenix Eh +
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Feather (4)
Post #1: Mario Badescu After Shave Moisturizer
Post #2: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser
Scent: 24 Gold by Scentstory

Gotta out of bed this morning feeling like an action hero, so had to reach for 24 Gold! Still cannot believe this is a EdT. It lasts all fricking day.

SOTD 13 JANUARY 2016
HEAD SHAVING

Today I just wanted to shave my head since I achieved a very close shave for my face yesterday with the Oneblade and I didn't need to shave it again.

I wanted to try the OSP Grapefruit-Menthol again. I must say that these soaps create fantastic leather, think and creamy. Their slide, protection and post shave qualities are excellent. The scent is quite subtle, mine is nearly unscented. The menthol refreshed my head in a good way, it actually froze my ideas and it extinguished all of my "hot" thoughts ;-)

I lathered in my Suribachi and I obtained tones of fantastic cream. It surprised me how flexible it can be.

04eb82149614e6b511d664fc1ce30f09.jpg

4df4479c920db53be2ea06c7d742ba1f.jpg

8152cfbadb9b590f1e2147cfcfccaba1.jpg

bb878fa6c598dc26c20049ed43fa47bc.jpg

If Carlsberg did BBS.....

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#3)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - Beaver Woodwright Captain's Pipe
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

Back with the Clog Pruf again because my last shave was as close and comfortable as I believe it's possible to get with any method; I was still BBS over 24 hours later. After four days, I was at where I would be two days after any DE shave.
Thanks to a generous forum member, I was able to try a sample of this wonderfully named soap (croap maybe?). Scent wise, it's exactly as described and quite evocative of long gone days with my grandad. I also get a strong honey whiff from it (but YMMV).
Performance wise, I could use a great many superlatives but I'll just leave it at the best soap I've ever used. It's got everything going for it and I'll be placing an order soon.
In the top three shaves I've ever had.

Proraso White soap
Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Bonsa
Lord Super Chrome [1]
Proraso Green AS
Superdrug Moisturiser

Wasn't planning a shave tonight but... This was one of the worst I've had in a long time. The bonza is a strange razor - a MASSIVE blade gap - that is kinda scary, an odd angle is needed to tame it a bit... This razor is certainly not for me, with 1 days growth any way. Maybe with a weeks worth of growth it would come into its own! Many thanks to @Whosthedaddy for the pass around ;)

Personna Executive Injector..:)
DSC_0115_zps3wsvmi2s.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Personna Executive Injector
Dutch made Schick Platinum Injector Blade x 5
Hans Baier Silver Tip Badger Brush
Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap (France)
Hattric Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

I had one of those Money Button Dolphin Smooth shaves today with my Brit made Personna Executive..The angle is very subtle on this Injector..This thing it the epitome of totally flat against the face.. Once you find the angle you will never forget it...This injector sits somewhere between the Schick Type D & F for me...Its way up there in terms of comfort...Far more comfortable than later model Schick injectors for sure...Boy this Injector is Smooth & Smooth..I used my New Hans Baier Silver tip today for the first time & Monsavon Bol tallow soap from France...This is a first class soap...Since I converted to all things tallow I have been getting the shaves of my life...These Personna & PAL Injectors made by the American Safety Razor Company are some of the best shavers on the planet...Good karma..:p

Billy

Tabac Original Shaving Soap
Mohawk 5-341 Purtech Synthetic Brush
Pre-Shave Lather & Wash
Face Lathered
Aramis II & Wilkinson II (4)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2752.JPG

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Tabac Original Aftershave & EDC
Haramain Red African Attar (Wrists)
Pinaud Clubman Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic
I shave with all manner of esoteric implements, yet tonight I manage to cut myself with a cartridge razor! Yes, a cartridge razor!

Back
Top Bottom