S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th January to Friday 15th January 2016

Cella Crema Shaving Soap
Semogue Owner's Club (Cherry Wood) Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave Lather & Wash
Face Lathered
GEM Push Button (Gold) & GEM Premium Edge (Vintage) (2)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2737_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Puig Quorum Aftershave & EDT
PPG Woodland Walk Attar (Wrists)​

Second run with this vintage blade, a GEM Premium Edge from the '60s, together with the respective razor which was often bundled with these blades. Again, good, although not as sharp as the GEM by Personna blades I usually use, more like a third run of such a blade. I think this couple of shaves has finished it off. Perhaps another, so I'll put it away and try in a couple of days.

Still, fun to enjoy a vintage shave experience ...

Reactions: Fox
Pre: Proraso White Sensitive Skin
Razor: EJ DE89 Black 3D Laser Diamond
Blade: Bolzano (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Nivea Men Originals Cream
A/S: 4711

12495206_10154598956304968_1700455320718834484_n.jpg

A few hill reps for MIAM:
https://www.strava.com/activities/470381801

Shower
MWF
Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip
Hone Type 15
Sputnik [3]
Proraso Green AS
Boss Just Different EDT
L'Oréal Moisturiser

Well, what do you expect to hear about this shave? I used the Hone, so it was magical! Sputnik blade about done, will move onto a better blade - for me - on the next shave!
Oh and the Hone fits into one of my razor stands, it gets better!

Friday

T&H 1805 cream
Semogue OC Boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna Lab
Alum
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Dug the 1805 out of the big drawer o' shaving stuff for a first use in ages. Great scent and good lather. BBS results.

Fri 15th January
Omega 11137 Boar
Lea Classic Soap
Schick G ! not sure
Personna [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/ Floid Vigoroso A/S

Though a close shave achieved , am still finding the feel of the razor rather harsh. Will go to 6, then try a Schick blade.

IMG_0102.jpg

friday 15/01/16: hot shower/muhle r41 (09) with weber classic handle/vintage zyletek pol sil(7)/kent bk4/razorrock fresco/hot&cold rinse/nivea asb/guerlain habit rouge

although the r41 top cap is actually 1mm wider then that on the fatip grande, nonetheless the shave quality is 'comfortably' closer, way over 12 hours, the humble kent/razor rock croap pairing provided a slick protective lather which helped the r41 give its best on this weeks rotation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom