WW
SdM
uSLoTa6.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
Schick F type/Schick Plus Platinum NOS
TGQ Bay Rum SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS and more used like cologne

Well, I have been hoarding a half ounce piece of this soap for maybe 5 years now, hating to use it up and never having anymore. That's about how long it's been since the soapmaker Colleen had stopped making it but now she's doing her thing once again!! Yep, found out just recently so I will be ordering some things for sure down the road a bit. My favorite independent creator of great smelling soaps. Very good performance too. Maybe some of you will know of her from being over at SRP. She is a sorta legend on that forum.....heh.

Today's shave was real nice, except the scent had all but disappeared over the years. To make up for that I used some of the last remaining juice that Steve made, now extinct.

BBS results,

Martin

MENTHOL MADNESS
SOTD Sun. 5/8/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: RR Essential Oil of Lime
SS: TSD Ized SubZero Shave Stick
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic
Blade: Schick Super Chromium
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
AS: Stirling Glacial Spearmint
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: Avant-Garde by Lanvin

Good morning guys. First shave this morning with my new to me Pal Injecto-Matic and what a wonderful shave it was! This razor is silky smooth and efficient beyond my other injectors and on par with my Schick adjustable in terms of aggression. Dolphin smooth after 3 passes with ease. I'm using it again tomorrow, it's that good. I would like to thank Karl G for tipping me off to it. Frozen face again today and loving it, what a great start to the day. Have a great day friends! :)
pic35-jpg.102380
They are good eh! Can't see your photo though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
La Toja Stick
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Ever Ready 1914
GEM [2]
La Toja AS
Nivea Moisturiser
Boss Soul EDT

Great lather. This is an easier razor to use than the 1924 from yesterday - the angle is easier to maintain. Nice shave but meh, they don't excite me enough to jump down the SE rabbit hole...
I'll stick to me injectors and DE.

8th May 2016

Bulldog Shower Gel
Wickham's 1912 Club Cola
Semogue 610 Boar
Face Lathered
Gillette Guard (4)
One Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_3265_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave
Hamil Zahra Al Khaleej Attar (Wrists)
Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic​

Wowzers! Now that's a combination that just works ...

Four days, one pass with a Gillette Guard after lathering up with Wickham's forthcoming and really very excellent 1912 soap. Keeping with the somewhat retro-scent in this soap (note to @Fox - make a Citrus Musk) I went with a good splash of Clubman Musk. Champion!

Hamil Zahra Al Khaleej is a citrus aromatic with white musk, coriander & floral violet which finishes outas cig ash to my nose. It's fresh, then quite dusty.

Back
Top Bottom