S.O.T.D. Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2015

Tuesday 2nd December

Ever~Ready Set In Rubber 69 - MÜHLE synthetic knot; Catie's Bubbles - Pomander; OneBlade Razor; Feather FHS-5 (#1); Fine L'Orange Noir; Baume.Be.

5f6fdb79eade32a90a3dc8d8f2d41547.jpg

This razor is wonderful... And what about Catie's Bubbles soaps? These soaps are awesome.

b7f40cc17150e85dda1ca4811ba5e5bf.jpg

Regards!

Last edited:
Had a 'decent' maiden shave with my Wilkinson Flip Top.

The good: The razor looks and feels fantastic. The metal handle lends a nice weight to it and the flip top mechanism is, in lack of a better word, 'fun' to use.
Smooth, clean design lines.
The not-so-good: As a razor it felt a bit mediocre. The head didn't feel 'substantial' enough once used (not 'flimsy' but a bit lacking in the solid/robust area).
One thing that I found to be a flaw in the design is that the head of the razor has solid 'tabs' on each side where there is no blade exposure. This made it very hard to do detailed clean-up stroked under the nose for instance.

Happy to have added this razor to the collection but as a razor I ended up tentatively rating it a 6.5/10.

Pretty much sums up my experience with the Flip Top. A "Safety Razor" with perhaps a little too much emphasis on safety and not quite enough on razor. Very nice look and feel though.

My SOTD...

Faena Lavender Soap
Pal Injecto-matic Razor
Chinese Schick Injector Blade

Pretty much sums up my experience with the Flip Top. A "Safety Razor" with perhaps a little too much emphasis on safety and not quite enough on razor. Very nice look and feel though.

Yeah kind of a bummer in a way - I love Grange designs but this one will be more of a shelf queen than a razor I will reach for.

Hm, thinking I will have a 'Grange week'...
Monday: Kompakt
Tuesday: Protector
Wednesday: T70
Thursday: Royale
Friday: FlipTop
Saturday: Sticky
Sunday: Retractor :)

Tuesday, 8th of December. Evening.

Wickhams Southsea Spray.
Razorock 24mm Plissoft.
1921 Gillette New Standard.
Rapira Super Stainless (1).
Boots witch hazel & tea tree cleanser.
Boots Freshwood balm.
Nivea moisturising cream.

Another first time soap (I'm loving working my way through these PIF samples!) and another belter! A very soft soap that was extremely easy to lather with a silky smooth feel and a very nice scent too. Yet another to add to my shopping list!

My fist time with the blade too (I'm also loving working myself through my blade selection pack) and it performed very well in the old Gillette. A nice, comfortable shave, nearer a BBS than a DFS, with no problems, irritation etc. That'll do me!

Shower after some some glossing!
Lider Cream
Omega 49
Feather
Lab Blue [1]
Barbus AS
Malizia Uomo Vetyver EDT

Best shave to date with the Feather; Lab blue - smooth and sharp. Nearly Feather sharp without the scratch.... Pretty much BBS and only a little AS sting. For me though, it just take that little bit too much effort to get the same resulting shave that I get from my Weber/Schick M23 iKon etc....

Shower after some some glossing!
Lider Cream
Omega 49
Feather
Lab Blue [1]
Barbus AS
Malizia Uomo Vetyver EDT

Best shave to date with the Feather; Lab blue - smooth and sharp. Nearly Feather sharp without the scratch.... Pretty much BBS and only a little AS sting. For me though, it just take that little bit too much effort to get the same resulting shave that I get from my Weber/Schick M23 iKon etc....

Exactly my thoughts. Great piece of kit just not for me considering the shaves I get with my other razors.

Back
Top Bottom