S.O.T.D. Saturday 30th July 2016 to Friday 5th August 2016

Hi there do you Polish your H15 or leave it to tarnish?

I aviod real polishing work on the Hone to keep the special surface structure intact which actually gives the razor its unique look and the handle its great grip without any knurling. If I recall right Andrew explained the surface traetment in the Hone 15 thread or the Hone pass around thread here on TSR, I think there is also info to find about the surface on the Hone homepage.

As with all my other razors I rinse / clean and dry the Hone after each use. With the extreme hard water here in Copenhagen, that is the best way for me to keep my razors in good shape. With this cleaning the Brass does not really tarnish but the color became pehaps a nuance darker during time.

Best Regards
Marco

Monday, 1 August 2016

- GEM G-Bar
- GEM Super Stainless #1
- Omega 651
- L'Occitane Cade

YICnUkT.jpg

2 August 2016.
tuesday shave..jpg
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower Palmolive body soap/ Nivea for men hair & face wash. warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Muhle R89.
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (new)
  • Brush: Wilkinson sword pure bristle.
  • Cream:Ingram menthol + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel/Boots freshwood A/S balm.
  • Another new blade to start the day, i must say the Polsilver blades are really sharp, but smooth, i havent yet tried feather blades, but i assume these are quite close to them, only 2 passes + pick ups to give me another silky smooth shave, The blue Stratos was a holiday present from my neighbour's children,..gave it a try and hey!!..stinking to high heaven!.just how i like it:)..a great way to start the morning off with a zing. Enjoy your day.:cool:

I aviod real polishing work on the Hone to keep the special surface structure intact which actually gives the razor its unique look and the handle its great grip without any knurling. If I recall right Andrew explained the surface traetment in the Hone 15 thread or the Hone pass around thread here on TSR, I think there is also info to find about the surface on the Hone homepage.

As with all my other razors I rinse / clean and dry the Hone after each use. With the extreme hard water here in Copenhagen, that is the best way for me to keep my razors in good shape. With this cleaning the Brass does not really tarnish but the color became pehaps a nuance darker during time.

Best Regards
Marco
Thankyou Marco, the only reason I asked was because your razor looked incredibly clean and shiny when compared to mine, I also wash and dry after each shave but mine especially on the handle has gone a few shades darker. But I suppose there could be many factors involved here.
Thankyou for answering my question,
All the best, Paul

Tues 2nd August.
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Schick L1
Schick single [2- Japan ]
Alum rub & Rinse
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Though smooth and comfortable , the razor is so mild that the extra work required to get a good close shave , is rather disappointing . May well suit those with a lighter beard than mine. At the end of blade life may try a twin blade , but will not hurry that process.

IMG_0781.jpg

Tuesday 2nd August 2016

The one with the smug grin

OSP Oakmoss shaving cream (trial)
Switchback Plissoft brush
Steve Woodhead scuttle
Schick Krona razor
1971 Gillette Platinum blade (4)
BOOBS aftershave
Al Rehab Guapo EdT

The main reason for the smug grin is that these vintage Gillette Platinum blades are so very good - smooth, sharp and long-lived. The other reason is that I've just had another extremely pleasant shave.

For today
No shower/warm face wash
Myrsol emulsion pre shave
TOOBS Sandlewood
Plisson brush
ATT S1 loaded with Polsilver Super Iridium (#2)
Thayers for afters
Myrsol emulsion
At my daughters request a splash of SV 70th AS balm (she does love the scent as do I)

Another wonderful if not rushed 3 pass shave. Slight irritation under my chin but that is no doubt due to speed shaving!!

My nine year old son's SOTD
no preshave
Proraso Green loaded onto his kent brush (he has got the lathering spot on)
butterfly razor (don't know the brand) no blade!
Nivea to finish
SV 70th AS balm

Back
Top Bottom