Saturday 30th July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop VC 2
BLade: Valet
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: L'Instant De Guerlain

Another very nice Valet shave, 15 strops on the feox strop produced a decent edge but I felt it could be better, much of the problem with any autostrop device is that you have little control over the pressure of the blade on the strop other than not pulling too hard on the strop, this is where a hand stropping handle scores every time but is not an option with Valets.

This razor is one of those that will not take a feather stainless SE blade as the cutouts/prongs are in the wrong places.

Regards
Dick.

P1010733.JPG

Saturday 39th July 2016.
Saturday shave.jpg
Shaving recipe for the day.
  • warm shower:Wrights coal tar body soap/ Nivea for men hair & face wash. warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Muhle R 89.
  • Blade: Voskhod teflon coated. (new)
  • Brush: Erasmic pure bristle.
  • Soap Blue's goat milk soap + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Old Spice (classic).
  • a new shaving set up to start the weekend off..my first shave with the Voskhod blades has been superb:)..really nice and smooth with no irritation nicks, or weepers.to start the weekend off with a bang, i finished my shave with some Old Spice (classic)...the Tesco body lotion is a wonderful addition, for my saturday morning shave...have a great day.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg Good morning to all, SOTD 30th July 2016
Day four using the Hone type 15 fitted with an Astra. SP second use.
Started with my normal routine, nicely hydrated, bloom water on face.
Still using MWF, whipped into a lovely slick lather, started my normal three pass shave. The Astra SP blade is sharp and smooth, better in this razor than the feather which is just sharp on the first day but gets smother, I need a blade that is sharp and smooth from the get go.
Another predictable easy smooth but effective shave from the H15 a face as smooth as a really smooth thing with zero irritation even around my irritation prone neck, I could use this razor every day for the rest of my life but my other razors are feeling jealous and I do like to use my razors in rotation, and there are quite a few razors I still would like to purchase.
To shake things up a bit tomorrow I will be using a voskhod blade in this wonderful razor and see how that performs, the Astra SP blades were very good indeed but can I find a better blade? I doubt it but I am willing to try anyway.
Just so everyone is absolutely clear on this matter, I paid full price for my razor and I have not nor will not receive any financial kick back in return for a glowing review of this razor, everything I have said is absolutely as I find it to be, this is a cracking razor and I am extremely happy to have purchased it.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you are doing.

SOTD 20160730

VptpdqQ.jpg

Brush: Custom with finest 2-band knot.
Shaving soap: Bon Berger stick Menthe (grated).
Razor: iKon X3 slant with custom handle.
Blade: Feather (3).
After shave: Cien Ice.

A nice feature of the X3 is, that the short sides of the blade are inside the head which
reduces the chance of injuries ....
Furthermore the X3 is wonderfully mild, yet very effective.

The grated Bon Berger produced a fine lather and the cheap Cien Ice isn't bad at all ...

DFS++

Have a nice weekend, gentlemen !

DSC_0364_zpslovcvguj.jpg

DSC_0367_zpstrk7rckw.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Monneret Special 6/8th
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
DR Harris Arlington Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Corker of a Shave this Morning with My Recently Acquired French Monneret 6/8th..What a Darn Super Close Shave..I have to Say if I had One SR to Keep this Would Be It..This SR is Just Such a Darn Smooth Shaver..When I Honed this Razor I was Well Aware that the Steel was Different to Solingen, Sheffield Or Swedish Steel..Solingen, Sheffield & Swedish Steel SRs are held in High Regard & Quite Rightly So..o_O

I Have to Say Though this French SR which I Can Only Assume is Made of Neither of these Said Steel is Just Awesome..Vintage French SRs Just Don't Seem to Get Mentioned as Much in UK & USA Forums..This is One Almighty Shaver..If this French SR is a Representative Example of the Quality of Vintage French SRs then I Wish I had Discovered them Earlier..:eek:

Then Again it Just Mighta Just Been My Magic Honing Skills..:D:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom