Greetings

Saturday 2nd March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Cream: Lea
Aftershave: Simple Balm

A very good shave, the Lea cream is no better than a fair performer, quite unlike the Lea sticks which I rate as excellent.

Regards
Dick.

DSC03944.JPG

RE: S.O.T.D Saturday 2nd March to Friday8th March 2013

I posted in the old thread! Copy-and-paste job:

Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Semogue 1520 boar
Proraso green tub (old)
Proraso Aftershave lotion
Penhaligon's English Fern

My easiest lathering soap. Think I'll blitz it for the next week. There's still plenty left in this tub of the old formula, and I have another in reserve, but I do hope that the newer paraben-free formulation is just as good.

Dubl Duck special No.1
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Witch Hazel
Tom Ford Cafe Rose

I do so like this little razor and the shave it gives me. Feeling frisky so the Penhaligons jar got an outing :)

Now I'm waiting for a delivery from Yodel - Wish me luck!

Funny how tastes change a few months ago I wouldn't pick up Proraso green soap as I wasn't keen on the scent. And now I love it I get subtle whiffs of it through our the day.

Prep: Proraso white
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Merkur 37c slant

Lovely lovely shave. [attachment=6753]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220468.743993.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362220468.743993.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 34
Edwin Jagger boar
Vitos
Merkur 37c
Superthin stainless
Cold water

My first good shave with the slant. BBS in fact (after four passes). I find the best angle is to lay it nearly flat on my face.

Thought I would experiment a little. Three new things tonight. Shave stick, razor and Ogalla - all first timers.

Proraso pre
Palmolive (Aus) shave stick
Omega 37 boar
GEM 1912 (small handle)
GEM blade (6)
Thayer's Medicated Superhazel
Ogalla Bay Rum AS (sample)

The blade seemed passed it but maybe the problem was the lather. I had used the blade 5 times in another GEM 1912 (with a different handle and identical head) and enjoyed those shaves. While I did find it easy to shave away without concern, the cutting did not feel very effective. Blade felt smooth but not that sharp. 3-4 passes and not the BBS result I was expecting. I've heard of some SE aficionados using these blades 12-14 times. With my coarse stubble perhaps I won't get anywhere near that.

First use also, of a shave stick for me. I have a Speick stick packed to take away tomorrow on a short trip to Alice Springs, so I thought I would try out the Palmolive - picked up for a few dollars at the supermarket. Great old smell. Reminded me of a smell from my childhood. Did my old man use this?? It lathered up extremely well. This Aussie version is said to be different and inferior to the European one but it was still highly enjoyable. I did seem to have the lather a little dry. Razor got clogged up several times requiring me to pull the blade out to clear it. More water on the brush and face and all was hunky dory with pass 2 and 3.

The Ogalla Bay Rum was great. I received a sampler pack this week and was keen to try some out. Nice scent. Reminded me of vanilla or caramel, plus the obvious cloves. Not a scent for everyone but I certainly liked it.

Near DFS in the end.
[attachment=6754]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362222905.379697.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362222905.379697.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 34
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom 24 mm extra stuffed silvertip in a Masur Birch handle
Razor: Friodur 15/16
Soap: ARKO stick
AS: La Toja Manantiales
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Damned, how many close shaves can a man take? :D Only downside is that the bloody snow's coming down, again/still :(
0021024x664_zpscd9b6562.jpg

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik basic
Brush: Semogue Badger OC Cherry
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap Co. soft "Patchouli"
Razor: Iwasaki 3M 11/16"
Astringent: Osma Alum
Balm: Woods of Windsor balm
Eau de Toilette: Woods of Windsor EDT

SOTD11_zpsd95d061e.jpg

Notes: Very nice shave - smooth and steady. Have a great weekend all!

SATURDAY MORNING

Aristocrat #16
Super Iridium (3)
Semogue Il Rasoio LE brush
Myrurgia shave stick - face lathered
Witch hazel
Institut Karite AS balm

A couple of tiny weepers but a very nice shave.

Last night:

Hot shower with TOBS Eton College soap

T&H pre-shave oil
TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream
Merkur 34c HD
T&H super badger brush
T&H No10 post shave cologne balm

A lovely DFS.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Feather
XPEC SC (thanks Carl)
Boots AS Balm
Miller Harris 'feuilles de tabac' EdT (nice pick Carl)

So after many years of wondering what this shaving cream is like, I finally got to see what was up with it this morning. Yeah, Carl took pity on me and sent me some of his recently acquired private stash.

Performance was excellent, with as much slip as one of my better soaps. Scent is hard to figure if I like it or not. Not uncommon for a frag to take getting used to. Can't say right now if it's something I would choose to have hanging around during my shave. Time will tell.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday 03-02-13.

bdf9be08-94d4-4052-846f-22b08b00eecd.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumpers Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Florida.

Today's Shave

sotd2313.jpg

Thiers Issard 6/8 Le Dandy ( the drunken lazy french razor)
MWF face lathered
Kent BK8 Brush

Result BSS WTG.

I like the way the sun has popped out after my shave and after my photo was taken:mad:
The little S**T

34q8wh5.jpg

Pre hot towel + Jabonman Lavanda-Ciprés-Bergamota + Vulfix 2234 Super + Gillette Super Adjustable at 6 with Croma + Ach Brito Lavanda cologne with La Chinata balm

Today I have tested this "lanolized" Jabonman: a wonderful complex Lavender scent with a really good skin moisturing! Very happy with it, combined with this Super Adjustable I got practically the same close shave than with my Contour cartridges.

Cheers!

Saturday 2nd

sotd2313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's citrus zinger hard soap scuttle lathered
Simpsons 59 best badger brush
Merkur 37c slant
Gillette 7 oclock Permasharp (Indian green) (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Myrsol lemon aftershave

Comfortable shave, last for the Permasharp a new blade and razor for tomorrows shave. My citrus theme continues lovely :)

Brian

Back
Top Bottom