Hot towel
Soap Commander Confidence scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Super Adjustable long handle (P1 1970) set on 6
Vintage Wilkinson Sword (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Second day of a week of only using the Swedish Swing "1935 CC" razor.
It gave a great, clean shave. The smooth, heavy, cold stainless steel handle almost makes me feel as if I am using a clinical, surgeon's tool.

Razor: Swing, "1935 CC"
Blade: Rapira
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: Soap Commander's "Endurance"
A/S: Provence Sante

​​
2zp4da0.jpg

SOTD - Tabac Tuesday!
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 22mm HMW custom birthday coin brush
Razor: Ikon DLC OC Deluxe w/OSS handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword [NOS UK "Light Brigade"] (2)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by ABC "Tabacco Verde" balm & Tabac EdT

Youtube spinning video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04-VoVzOiSg
Put the Tea in the Oven ;)
Shower
Proraso White
Omega 49
Gillette Old Type
GSB [2]
Blue Stratos AS
Lacoste Red
Nivea Moisturiser

Strange shaver this Old Type, very steep(?) angle, but it does a good job, if a little slower than other razors. Love the lather from the Proraso.

Sapone : Dr Harris Windsor
Pennello : Simpson Chubby 3 in Manchurian
Rasoio : Thiers Issard Dominator 7/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Dr Harris Windsor
EDT : Guerlain Vetiver

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Wednesday 4th March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Damaskeene
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Soap: Palmolive Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Encre Noir

Regards
Dick.

DSC05956.JPG

Tech Time
Yesterday I received a very nice edition of the Gillette tech 1966 L2, it came in a gold colour case and has a very nice handle with some weight to it (compared to my Alloy tec) so today was its first outing:

2z9l5kn.jpg

Prep: Hot wash with dove soap.
Soap: Razorock Nervous Wreck.
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger mix.
Razor: Gillette Tech 1966 L2.
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium. #1

A few firsts today, First time out with my Tech with a never used before Supermax blade and finally another recent acquisition the Razorock Nervous Wreck.

This tech feels a lot heavier than my other one, but I wasn't convinced this was going to give a good shave... I was proved wrong.

The Razorock produced a bowl full of lather with 5 swirls of the tub using very little effort, thick and slick. The blade tugged a bit at first but maybe this was down to angle. I persevered and found that the second and third passes were much smoother which resulted in a very satisfactory 3 pass almost BBS shave. I am going to use this set up for the rest of the week to see how it goes.

30ts7jl.jpg

Jim

Weds 4 Mar 2015

Neutrogena Glyc bar
Victoria PB brush
La Toja Cream
ER Streamline
GEM S/S [ 10 ]
Alum / Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S lotion

MMOC v Other SE [ ER & Gem ]
Even on 10th use, got a really good shave with the Streamline. Still one of my favourites, weight seems to do the work. Retiring the blade. MMOC ready to go on 10 tomorrow.

pjgh said:
jim3rg said:
This tech feels a lot heavier than my other one, but I wasn't convinced this was going to give a good shave... I was proved wrong.

Super! Glad you're pleased with it, Jim. Those SuperMax are smooth and forgiving, aren't they?
Oh yes, I found myself using a tad more pressure than I normally would in some places which probably would have meant nicks but had none this morning. Very happy with the Tech, thanks [emoji4] .

Jim

In the end, that particular cap and plate were common through the last half of the '60s and into the '70s, across all manner of handles: from the heavier ball end, the slightly castrated ball end like you've got there, the lightweight aluminium ball end, the lightweight cross-hatch, long plastic (French), alternative cross-hatch (Kaloderma) and short travellers in various configurations. Curious how a handle seems to make so much difference, but it does ...

Back
Top Bottom