S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th February to Friday 6th March 2015

3P
L'Occitane Synthetic
Dapper Dragon Ice Wyrm
39c slant
Rimei blade
T&H Trafalgar ASB
T&H Trafalgar Cologne

3 days growth mown away with ease. The dapper dragons quite a nice soap. Very minty

Sunday morning:

Cold water splash
Le Père Lucien Unscented
M&F Urn in Blonde Badger
ATT R1 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Calani 'Gentleman' ASB
Lalique Hommage à l'Homme EDT

Rob Dery said:
Sunday

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Super Max Stainless (2)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham's Sheridan
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Rive Gauche Intense

Excellent, smooth result.

Lee, my daughter performed in Brundibar when she was in Primary School. Very emotional.

Yep, filled up a couple of times!

Wickhams bay rum
Omega boar
Weber PH
Rapira platinum lux (2)
Davidoff Coolwater aftershave
Nivea Coolkick ASB

Wickhams is the holy grail of soaps, I sincerely hope Darron is able to return to it one day.

GDCarrington said:
Hi Martin. I have this one soap left from TSD. I have been focusing on a 10 pack Gillette Stainless blades made in the Czech republic back in the 1990s.

Gary

Ahh, I get it. The soap was from a while back.

I picked up some Gillette Super Stainless 10 packs that were made in Argentina and dated 1991. They were supposed to be better than anywhere else being made from that time and are much like the old Spoilers. Happy to send out some for a comparison if you like.

Martin

Burgundy said:
To me, this head needs some weight and is a great candidate for a Frankenrazor of some kind. I use mine stuck onna Weber handle and it feels good in my hand.

Martin
Cheers Uncle Martin! I've shied away from the a Stahly head as I find it - to put it bluntly - fairly ugly! I oughtn't be such a snob. Perhaps I'll investigate it some time now you've put it out there.

I married the Tech head to both a Weber Bulldog and UFO Kaiser at various points but I must say that I came back round to the stock handle as a preference! It is the Fat Handle version of the Tech, in fairness, but I even prefer my last remaining NEW on its tiny service handle than when paired with a stainless steel relative behemoth! Most strange!

Thanks for your thoughts!
[/quote]

Hah, ugly eh? Never even thought of that possibility.....heh.

I hear that about liking the original Tech handle more from other people too. Crazy about having such opposing druthers.

Well if you can handle the look of em, the Stahly head would probably be a good fit.

Martin

Here's a very poor pic of the grotesque looking Webley. Might be even better with a little shorter handle.

Attachments

• webly.jpg
    webly.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 19
Mon 2nd March 2015

Neutrogena Glyc Bar
Victoria PB Brush
Proraso Green Cream
Gem MM Bullet Tip
Gem S/S [ 9 ]
Alum/Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S Lotion

MMOC V there SE [ ER & Gem ]
The Bullet Tip is very smooth, on a 9th use blade. So forgiving that I was able to get
a very close and comfortable shave. This one is an easy Daily Shaver.

dodgy said:
Cheers Uncle Martin! I've shied away from the a Stahly head as I find it - to put it bluntly - fairly ugly! I oughtn't be such a snob. Perhaps I'll investigate it some time now you've put it out there.
Hah, ugly eh? Never even thought of that possibility.....heh.

Martin

I'm with you, Uncle Martin. My Stahly head on a Weber Classic is ready loaded for this morning's shave. I have never thought of it as ugly - probably too busy being intrigued by the now superfluous spring suspension system incorporated in it. It looks different, certainly, but not ugly - and I would never want to hurt the feelings of a device holding a sharp blade against my face, anyway!

And what a fine shave it was! So good I finished with Cuir de Russie.

Sapone : Lebelle Soaps Barbiere Italiano
Pennello : Simpson The Duke D3 in Super
Rasoio : Thiers Issard Eagle 6/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Fine American Blend

image.php

image.php

Greetings

Monday 2nd March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 (Brit.)
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Speick Men Active
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Ted Baker Pashion

Regards
Dick.

DSC05952.JPG

Prep : cold water splash
Soap : MWF
Brush : Semogue 620
Razor : Merkur classic head on a Braveheart handle
Blade: Lord super stainless

Using up blade stash and have to say the difference between this and the Rapira Swedish steel was amazing, good shave but much more razor burn.

Have a great Monday

Paul

frankw said:
Monday 02/03/15… hot shower, Muhle R41 2009, weber classic handle (1st gen, narrow gauge thread and reduced diameter prototype/pol sil(4)/shavemac 167 28/52 D01/tobs shaveshop/hot & cold rinse/nivea sens asb/habit rouge edp. A very comfortable 7 pass 12hr shave. frankw
Greetings
A seven pass shave???? Your skin must be like Rhino hide!

Regards
Dick.

My shave of the day 2/3/15

:mekur 39c
:pro blighty coconut shaving soap
: astra superior platinum blades
: frank shaving badger brush
Finished off with alum and cold rince and prof blighty coconut aftershave balm

Back
Top Bottom