S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th May to Friday 26th May 2017

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (2)
EDP: APR Suitably Attired Australian

Bit busy, so no photo.
Changed the Wilkie blade into the AS-D2. What a lovely shave. I find the AS-D2 razor quite similar to the Sticky - both very easy to use, mild yet efficient, and beautifully designed.
It takes me a little adjustment to find the angle on the AS-D2 - it works best for me at about 45 degrees. Just like last night's shave, the combination of a mild razor and the very sharp vintage Wilkie blade worked beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings All,

One days' growth and my first cold water shave - yes I dared myself due to watching Cris again (Another cut Above on YouTube)

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Proraso pre-shave (white)

Soap: Razorock XXX
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (4th use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum then a shower followed by Proraso post shave cream (white)

Clean-ish shave today – 3 passes with, across and against (plus a touch up).

Razorock XXX shaving soap is very good (looking forward to trying the limited edition). Nicked myself, lost concentration and as not the best shave as I think that was due to trying cold water and being a bit tentative.

View attachment 25407 SOTD 20th May. Straight Shave Saturday .

Pre....Shower, BBA Shave oil
Razor....Iwasaki Kamisori 60mm
Soap....BBA Shave Butter
Post...BBA Post Shave Balm
EDC...Bravado, solid cologne by Alfred Lane

I thought I would give the shave butter another go but this time with a Kamisori, no clogging of the razor this time and it provided plenty of protection and glide leaving me with a face as smooth as the butter itself. The post shave balm really is fab and my skin feels great afterwards. A rub of the solid cologne here and there and I'm done!

Have a great weekend people.......:)
Really nice looking Kamisori @Blademonkey

Today, a full Floris JF shave paired with Simpson Commodore X2 and muhle R41. The soap is under average in properties, but the shave improves a lot if you use Floid Pre oil before, the best in terms of value for money IMHO
c7651a30744adacf6dadead4baa2b2be.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

I've mostly relegated the Feather Weight to the kids' table, but with the Blue Star it provided an impressive performance on my head shave. It took longer than I like to get from DFS to BBS, but I'm inviting it back to sit with the adults. Rockwell on 3 breezed to BBS on the beard.
17f5ba3973c8c1ba0e478335559674fe.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
aw4107.jpg

Brush: Razorock Italian Flag 26mm Synthetic Plissoft
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable w/ Treet Carbon (3)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Star Noir

A lovely Saturday shave today, uing my favourite La Toja! Enjoyed Star Noir, don't use it often, always nice when I do. The blade was alright, I think seasonal skin complaints are beginning to flare up, need to be mindful over coming days and weeks. Giving the 1912 a run out tomorrow with some Proraso Red.

Sotd - 20/5

Razor - Ikon 103 Short-comb on a Manlystuff.ie Fatty handle
Blade - Rapira (1)
Brush - Vie Long Anniversary 2 band
Soap - MT Mint Ice Menthol
Post - Allum and witch hazel
A/S - Myrsol Formula K
Balm - Vifrex gel.

Result - Nice. I was having one of those days when I really ought to have been doing stuff but couldn't work up the enthusiasm. Wading through treacle. Solution? A minty shave, and minty it was. If you are a fan of the larger handle then I recommend you check the Fatty out. Excellent value for money. It weighs in at 120 grams before you put a head on it. I think it would be an excellent handle for a beginner - because you can let the weight of the razor do the job without applying pressure. It's so heavy gravity is doing all the work for you and surprisingly dexterous in use. Mine came with a head supplied - your standard EJ clone sort of thing. Which I probably won't use. Which is a bit of a waste really? If there is a beginner - in the UK - reading this and you fancy trying it - pm me. I'll send it on to a new home gratis. You'll need a standard thread handle to attach it to. First come, first served. Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I

Back
Top Bottom