S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th May to Friday 24th May 2013

Sunday:

RazoRock XXX
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar AS

No shave since Friday morning so plenty of stubble to clear. No problems with the open comb Aristocrat. Smooth and comfortable.

Yesterday's shave.
After a week away on business and forced to revert to disposable Sensor 3 for carry on purposes I was back on proper blades. Didn't bother Friday morning so had two days to clear.

Shower and hot towel prep.
Simpsons Chubby2 best, face lathering with Nannys Rose Geranium soap
Parker 33 shavette with a Feather blade (maybe third shave on this)

One (surpisingly quick) pass and almost BBS, no nick marks or blemishes and sting free with alum. So good this has piqued my interest in a Feather Artist. But it'll have to wait. Today the failed boiler and burst pipe got the better of ablutions :(
But on the positive side, all the prep, DE and Straight work has paid dividends in technique and speed, even when back on cartridges.

TTFN

Norfolkdick said:
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus

Took delivery yesterday of this Schick Injector which is NOS.

I am very pleased with it.
Regards
Dick.

One thing you musr really be aware of is how great the sight lines are with that adjustable and the L type injector, when compared with those other goofy SE things you enjoy using. Plus, there's a bunch of nice vintage injector blades to try.

Martin

Sunday 19th May

sotd19513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette HD Rocket
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Fine, close and comfortable shave today. The HD Rocket is from the estate of an old friend who died earlier this month. I know it as George's razor along with a slim twist which was also his. I cleaned them up as George hadn't been using them for a long time he was using the throwaway plastic razors. One of them had a Gillette blue in and the other a Jewel ! They came with a few (less than 5) new Jewel blades and 10 Wilkinsons. I will check to see if the Wilkinsons are UK made. These razors must have been bought new by George.

Brian

Sunday 05-19-13. MUSIC: Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure (1973).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq48L7HTDOk[/video]

47b9f374-ddb8-480d-8b7e-20711d8f0b99.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Red Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mike's afeitadoclasico.com LE - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Speick - ASL English Leather.

Aftrnoon, everyone.

Sunday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Super Max SMX 3
Blade: Super Max SMX 3 Cartridge (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Czech and Speake, Citrus Paradisi

A clean, irritiation-free and a bit closer than yesterday. Good.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave
Soap: TOBS Eton College cream
Bowl: Woodhead Scuttle #1B
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette New Long OC? + Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra SP (1)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Bodyshop Arber ASB

I'm not exactly sure what this razor is. I got it off ebay and I think it's a Gillette New Long, says "Made in England" under the baseplate.
What I do know is that it's seriously aggressive. I shaved with it a few months ago and was very sore as a result; so it's been hidden at the back of the bathroom manbinet while I had a break . Today I thought I give it another try. Got on much better this time being much more careful with it. No incidents or accidents but I can feel that it was very close. A little irritation but not sore.
I'll give it another go tomorrow with the original handle as I think the Bulldog adds too much weight to it overall.

SOTD20130519_zpsbd3d6553.jpg

Prep: Hot Towel
Razor: Filarmonica 14 SubCero
Brush: Vintage tall French Badger
Cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Penhaligon's Endymion

This weekend has been full of shaves, 3 days in a row. I have been experimenting with my Nakayama Kiita Kan lvl5 as a finish and now found a method to stick with. :-bd

subz_zps2b69c9cc.jpg

Norfolkdick said:
Does anybody know which model it is? It has M41 stamped on the head/frame and it does not have the blade protection system for travelling; M1 M2 or M3 ?

Regards
Dick.

I picked up a NOS M1 recently, here is the info i found when i was trying to figure out the version mine was.

M1: "Schick Dial" Injector Razor
Handle insert with name. No dot on knob.
Packaging: Black plastic clamshell case
with clear lid (65-66). White plastic
clamshell, clear lid, red liner (66-68).

M2: "Adjustable by Schick" Injector Razor
Handle insert, Dot on knob with cross.
Packaging: Various plastic cases.

M3: Schick Injector "Adjustable Razor"
No spine insert, black dot on knob)
Packaging: yellow blister pack.

Prep. Bath,
Jack Black face buff
Jack Black beard lube.
Razor Edwin J 89
Blade Feather
Cream t+h 1805
Brush Silver Tip Butterscotch
Post Shave Witch Hazel
Trumpers Coral Skin Food
A/s Floris no89

After a couple of months de shaving and much procrastination i decided on the feather. Lovely shave.
Mrs Kufdam thinks its the closest shave she has ever felt. Lol.
Think i'll stick to this combo for the next week to see if i have reached shaving bliss.
Thanks to the groom room for the free samples.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Weber DLC / JEC Copper handle / Supermax Blue Diamond (Sorry Hairsuite!)
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel+

Comfortable and clean :icon_razz:

SUNDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel and Prep cream
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Professional (7)
Brush: Simpsons Emperor 2 Super
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger - scuttle lathered

Zero pressure is the key to a good shave with this. Superb shave tonight with no claret spilled. Face is still feeling the menthol from the Prep.

Back
Top Bottom