S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Wolf whiskers Abyss Ubersoft 2
Autostrop VC1
Feather (3)
Wickham Citrus Musk AS

The lather whips up like a dream, masses of lather with a ten second loading, enough for five passes. Now onto the scent which is robust in strength but remains me of a bog block in smell, same for the aftershave :eek: the aftershave bottle should come with a restricter. Other than that I had a excellent shave.

Yes your right, I have been on the search for restricters and may have found some. I will contact the company on Monday to get some samples sent out for testing. You shop up market for your bog blocks Wazza, maybe I should do a trio. LOL :)

Route 66 Twisted Tweed
Rubberset 400
Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
Vintage Ever-Ready Blade
Alum
Thayers WH
Fine Clean Vetiver AS
Have a great weekend!
e63c456cbc6f8dbf93e350a8c501d916.jpg

Saturday 16th
Just arrived in Majorca today for our 2 weeks of Sun and R&R
Kit for stay:
Kent Infinity
La Toja stick
Gillette Guard # 1
Alum > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Al Rehab - Al Fares EDP

The Guard is such an easy shave, especially on tender sun drenched skin. Good holiday choice. Also had to use a Spanish soap.
Picture(s) to come.

Mongoose/Feather Super ~ EnvyShave DFS LE ~ TFS Hercules
Two replacement items today: the first red Mongoose head was defective and there was no blade exposure. This one seems to be fine though I needed the Super to get enough efficiency for a good shave. The original Silver Tip knot was an unfortunate shedder. This knot has lost only two or three hairs and is a real beauty. Thanks to two fine purveyors and craftsmen.​

These lather catchers are beautiful razors.

+1 I've got 5 Ever-Ready's - four 1912s of different epochs & one 1914s (and 2 Gems) - but no 1924 :( and the Lather Catcher's is out of my price range. I'm always astonished at the shave they give ("straight razor on a stick"). I'm going to ask for the book "Before Gillette" for my birthday :) . The other day I got a 1920s "Kriss Kross" single edge blade sharpener, must do a post on that soon.

+1 I've got 5 Ever-Ready's - four 1912s of different epochs & one 1914s (and 2 Gems) - but no 1924 :( and the Lather Catcher's is out of my price range. I'm always astonished at the shave they give ("straight razor on a stick"). I'm going to ask for the book "Before Gillette" for my birthday :) . The other day I got a 1920s "Kriss Kross" single edge blade sharpener, must do a post on that soon.

I just received that book. I'll let you know what I think of it when I read it. I would love to see pics of your SE collection.

Greetings

Sunday 17th July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Henckles Rapide
Blade: Henckles Rapide
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Encre Noire

Regards
Dick.

P1010708.JPG
Hi Dick,
Lovely Pictures these days of your Wedge types. Surely time you dusted off some injectors, especially as you were one of those instrumental in getting me to try them out { not that I regret it }.
Mike B

Sun !7th July

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Tabac stick
Schick J3 Golden 500
Schick "Chick" [ 7 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tabac A/S Lotion

This razor may well be considered to be a mild Razor, but with a "Chick" fitted, suits me well. as I have a Heavy growth
with fairly sensitive skin [ need to shave daily too]. The Shave was nice and comfortable , the bonus being that I was able
without any problems able to use polishing strokes, to deal with all those stubborn awkward areas that do not want to be removed.

IMG_0752.jpg

Sunday 17th of July 2016.
Today I'm doing a spot of house sitting /dog (3 whiplingtons) minding for my sister, i arrived last night with my travel bag unpacked and went for my Shave kit for today's shave and realised that i hadn't packed my Muhle 89r in with the rest of my kit, how- ever my sister heard me saying a few choice words,she said you don't need your DE razor you can use the Gillette Guard we got you for your Birthday..i don't mean to ungrateful towards my sibling but i just put a nice face on and said thank you for the present, in the past i'd always kept a spare razor when staying over..anyway she got me the Spare Gillette guard. and said your sorted now...so no DE razor today..i must confess i'm pretty impressed by the Guards results today..super smooth no irritation shave,.here is todays the shaving recipe.​
  • Shower: Nivea for men body,hair and face wash.
  • Razor: Gillette Guard.​
  • Brush:Erasmic pure bristle.​
  • Cream:The real shaving co:traditional shave cream.+4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.​
  • Witch Hazel.​
  • A/S Davidoff Coolwater.​
  • The real shaving co: post shave cooling balm.​
  • it's almost three months since i last used a cartridge razor, and forgot how light in weight they are..the shave was suprisingly good,ok not quite as close with my DE razors, but anough to say it's a good shave..maybe it was because i used a cream & brush take more attention in my shave than i use to with a cartridge..normally it was wet my face, a dollop of gel rubbed it over my beard, 1 pass, rinse aftershave ,done..i will from time to time probably when travelling or visiting family and friends use my belated birthday present Gillette guards up..;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom