S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Supply Provision Co. injector & Schick (vintage)
Simpsons 'Captain 2' faux marble in Manchurian
Wickham Soap Co. 'Southern Spray'
Aqua Velva
Nivea

douurbg.jpg

This razor is doing just great.
The brush is absolutely fantastic, may get a second one instead of a Chubby 3.

It does look like Southern Spray but it is Southsea Spray. Southsea is an area that has a nice beach in the town I was born in, Portsmouth, UK. Glad to see your enjoying it. What's the injection needle for?
Oh, so sorry for that Darron, and thanks for the correction.

The soap is terrific, great whitish lather without being way too thirsty.
It's a bit sticky constitution-wise and for now I take a dollop with that smoking pipe tool. Then I put it on my face and spread. First pass is occasionally done over few small bits of solid soap but thereafter is ok.

The injection needle is for loading my three new Indian eyedroppers with ink.

WkuzJtp.jpg

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – Phoenix and Beau Denali
Post - Witch Hazel

a wonderful BBS shave, even though the blade wasn't as smooth as I'd like..meanwhile, Denali is just out of this world, crazy good!!

Oh, so sorry for that Darron, and thanks for the correction.

The soap is terrific, great whitish lather without being way too thirsty.
It's a bit sticky constitution-wise and for now I take a dollop with that smoking pipe tool. Then I put it on my face and spread. First pass is occasionally done over few small bits of solid soap but thereafter is ok.

The injection needle is for loading my three new Indian eyedroppers with ink.
Jokingly I thought you might of been a soap junkie for a moment. :)

That is a different approach to applying the soap, will have to give it a go myself.

What a good idea! I have just taken to using a fountain pen. Have made a couple of posts in this thread. Jinhao 599 Fountain pen

I have read some of your posts in that section of the forum, some good and interesting information thank you for sharing. ;)

Two firsts today:
First use of EJ DE89 -Marvellous razor and i think will become my No.1, even above my trusty 34C HD
First use of a new shaving shuttle - keeps the soap nice and warm and helps to lather really well. The large size ensures that the brush handle doesn't rattle against the sides, which is something I find annoying about my other shaving jugs/bowls.

Pre-shave: Musgo real lime soap followed by Myrsol Emulsion
Shave soap: Lucky tiger liquid - reasonable but not overly impressed so far after 3 uses
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Razor: EJ DE89 + Voskhod blade - new blade and 2nd shave with a Voskhod but I continue to be impressed - again, may be my goto blade from now on
A/S splash: Barbasol - great traditional splash and scent
Balm: The usual GFT Lime Skin Food - has become a real favourite - nothing else has come close so far

Overall: Really nice shave;)

shave 2.jpg

Two firsts today:
First use of EJ DE89 -Marvellous razor and i think will become my No.1, even above my trusty 34C HD
First use of a new shaving shuttle - keeps the soap nice and warm and helps to lather really well. The large size ensures that the brush handle doesn't rattle against the sides, which is something I find annoying about my other shaving jugs/bowls.

Pre-shave: Musgo real lime soap followed by Myrsol Emulsion
Shave soap: Lucky tiger liquid - reasonable but not overly impressed so far after 3 uses
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Razor: EJ DE89 + Voskhod blade - new blade and 2nd shave with a Voskhod but I continue to be impressed - again, may be my goto blade from now on
A/S splash: Barbasol - great traditional splash and scent
Balm: The usual GFT Lime Skin Food - has become a real favourite - nothing else has come close so far

Overall: Really nice shave;)

View attachment 19663
Liking the scuttle. Where did you get that @Greybeard ?

Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Wolf whiskers Abyss Ubersoft 2
Autostrop VC1
Feather (3)
Wickham Citrus Musk AS

The lather whips up like a dream, masses of lather with a ten second loading, enough for five passes. Now onto the scent which is robust in strength but remains me of a bog block in smell, same for the aftershave :eek: the aftershave bottle should come with a restricter. Other than that I had a excellent shave.

Bison Kidney Shave
eiPHdZd.jpg

• Lather: L&L Grooming Marshlands (Bison Kidney fat edition)
  • Blade: Wade & Butcher 7/8 wedge with mock-turtle scales
  • Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
  • After: Sheamoisture Tea Tree aftershave
  • Scent: Lalique Encre Noire
So I've now tried 2 of L&L Grooming's bison kidney fat soaps, Cuir et Épices and Marshlands. Both created excellent lather - this lather is worlds apart from the lather I got with the old/other base (which didn't work for me). I would recommend the bison kidney tallow ones for their excellent performance if you're going to buy soaps from L&L Grooming.

For scents, I didn't much care for the Cuir et Épices - it was too sweet for me (candied leather?). Marshlands has a rather nice scent though.

Still playing about with my new DSLR:
(Hopefully the background is slightly blurred...:)
NSS OO Lemon, Basil and Mandarin
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Barbaros TR-1
Sputnik [1]
Old Spice AS
Melizia Uomo Vetyver EdT

27731363983_ab09b41468_c.jpg

Meh, never thought much of the Sputnik blades, tonight reinforced the feelings. Rough, a few weepers... pleased I don't have many of them...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom