S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th May to Friday 17th May 2013

20130512.jpg

This shave is dedicated to my friend Celestino, that northern little devil, the enabler of unrefined shea butter.

The Art of Shaving tallow based Lavender Soap is spectacular. The brush with The Golden Nib Finest knot 30x56 is a delight. The Cobra with KAI Captain Titan Mild blade has left me a little confused, because I needed some more strokes. And for using shea butter I have done the following. First I applied the Antesol with its smell of old Barbershop. Massage and a little towel drying, and then a bit of shea butter spread on hands, hot and applied on the face. Then, hand washing and drying, and reapplied Antesol over shea butter, massaging again again. Very good result. Now, after some hours, I have the face with a very nice touch. In the end, Agua de Lavanda Puig generously in neck, torso, arms and the chocolate tablet (ha ha ha), and ready to see on TV how Fernando Alonso wins the race.

And now let's see if Martin shows up here and tells us something about this tallow based soap. Or about this shea butter he wants to try. Or about this pic especially made for coax him.

Dr Dulcamara said:
20130512.jpg

This shave is dedicated to my friend Celestino, that northern little devil, the enabler of unrefined shea butter.

The Art of Shaving tallow based Lavender Soap is spectacular. The brush with The Golden Nib Finest knot 30x56 is a delight. The Cobra with KAI Captain Titan Mild blade has left me a little confused, because I needed some more strokes. And for using shea butter I have done the following. First I applied the Antesol with its smell of old Barbershop. Massage and a little towel drying, and then a bit of shea butter spread on hands, hot and applied on the face. Then, hand washing and drying, and reapplied Antesol over shea butter, massaging again again. Very good result. Now, after some hours, I have the face with a very nice touch. In the end, Agua de Lavanda Puig generously in neck, torso, arms and the chocolate tablet (ha ha ha), and ready to see on TV how Fernando Alonso wins the race.

And now let's see if Martin shows up here and tells us something about this tallow based soap. Or about this shea butter he wants to try. Or about this pic especially made for coax him.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....

"Just look at that blatant picture taking","that's tormenting that is" "I ain't never seen someone with such a deliberate multi coulour photo'd come on"
And don't forget :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: that's the ticket !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 13
Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: Muhle R41 '13 Head with Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless #1
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: Lea Shave Stick
Aftershave: Proraso Splash

A very close BBS, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave

1st time using the R41 '13 head, a very efficient close shave i like it. It's a bit closer than a FaTip on the same handle.

A couple of weepers from the ATG on my neck as the angle wasnt quite right, but not bad for the 1st go with this head.

A brutal shave today guys:

Pre: Groomed face scrub, Taylor pre shave oil
Cream: Erasmic with a pinch of Ingram's
Razor: Futur
Blade: Lord Stainless Steel
AS: Floid Amber
Balm: DR Harris Arlington
Result: a smooth shave but carnage as you can see lol. I used the exact same products the other day with hardly a nick, the only difference is the cream, on Fri I used Proraso instead.

I'm off for a blood donation lol

Cheers

Bill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 43
John said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
20130512.jpg

The Art of Shaving tallow based Lavender Soap is spectacular.

You naughty boy you,I can here thrashing of a fish near your picture bait but will he bite? Mabe some helpfull comments.....

John? This guy reminds me of Mikey in some ways. I gotta admit the Good Doctor knows which of my damn buttons to push. He even made a point of including the Cobra in this pic.........sheesh.

I have only a sad AOS story. Years ago when I used lots of creams I would often lather up the lemon version. Very good performance and the scent was kinda nice. It's a single note frag with a true unsweetened lemon scent and was the only AOS flavor I cared to use. Never tried any of the soaps back then, even though I heard they were made by Valobra in Italy and were excellent performers.

Jesus Christ! I've never, ever experienced anything like that. I've only occasionally nicked myself, let alone cut, since Day One - let alone ended up looking like I'd tried to shave with the lawn mower. Were you trying to fend a hungry pack of hyenas from a baby, or wrestling with a silverback gorilla, at the same time as trying to shave?!

JHC! That looks like a blunt blade used with a heavy hand at the wrong angle, probably ATG with not enough prep and inadequate lather, done in a bathroom in the north of somewhere. Is it as sore as it looks?

Lol, it was a brand new blade. I've got really sensitive skin, my neck gets kind of spotty when I shave. i think youre right - i was fine until ATG.

It's not too bad now, that first splash of water was a little painful though. I think I'll chuck the Erasmic out too, I never get that with the Proraso sensitive, even when I go ATG.

I will admit too though, I'm a bit heavy with the Futur, still not great with it. Bad day at the sink for me.

Some iron pills and I'll be right as rain hehe.

Cheers

Bill

Bechet45 said:
JHC! That looks like a blunt blade used with a heavy hand at the wrong angle, probably ATG with not enough prep and inadequate lather, done in a bathroom in the north of somewhere. Is it as sore as it looks?

If only I had those excuses! I'm the first to admit its my bad, plus a poor lather.

Burgundy said:
Jesus Christ! I've never, ever experienced anything like that. I've only occasionally nicked myself, let alone cut, since Day One - let alone ended up looking like I'd tried to shave with the lawn mower. Were you trying to fend a hungry pack of hyenas from a baby, or wrestling with a silverback gorilla, at the same time as trying to shave?!

SUNDAY EVEING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: CJB Kamisori \ Gillette Sheraton
Blade: Feather Professional (2) \ Rapira (3)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Klar Kabinett - suribachi lathered

It all clicked tonight. Clean as a whistle and ready to face the week. :D

t4eazQk.jpg

Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Soap
Merkur 38C with Astra SP
Ingrams
Erasmic Supreme Bristle
Homemade A/S

Decent, refreshing shave. Amazed that the 38C doesn't get more recognition really.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Witch Hazel+

Best straight shave I've had. Close and oh so comfortable.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Dovo 5/8" "best quality"
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: Provence Sante verlaine

Quietly satisfying, which is after all the point of all this. And, happily, is the almost universal experience for me.

Monday:

La Toja cream
Semogue SOC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom