Roo strop gauging interest

That is great gents.

Can you give me more info on what kind of strip you want?

Width, rough idea of length, do you want a fabric side too? Wooden handle or barber ends?

Tell me to mind my own business if you like but 12" usable length is not much. I find 15" minimum is a requirement for stropping comforrtably and without risking catching the handle attachments etc.

I'll go for 15 to 18 too I think!

As for fabric, that's a nice touch but I guess it depends how much it adds on to the price.

My description about ends is further up the thread!

Do we have an indication of price for this - or is that something better done by pm?

I have a Neil Miller kangaroo strop but I mistreated it quite badly - it is very pliable and I didn't notice that I was creating tiny cuts right at the bottom and I then put a diagonal cut when a razor slipped slightly as I was honing it. So I sanded it down and added some neatsfoot oil and use it post shave now so that the razor gets a coating of oil on the edge before storage.

All this is a very long way of saying that I wouldn't mind having a new one.

Ok Gents,

£35 gets you a 3 incher (that's what she said) in the region 16 to 18 inches long (hard to tell exactly until i start properly cutting). It will have a brass rod in the end that is tied, to your wall/whatever, and has one leather bit folded over each end one to hold on to. Hardware is brass split rings/ small antique brass clasp.

Please note that folded ends will be dark brown english bridle, so as to maximise the precious too skin yield.

If you want to add a material (i think I am going with hemp), add a tenner, and it will be attached to the leather strop at the anchored end.

If you want a funky turned wooden handle, add £15 per handle, as that takes a while to turn (although they do look nice - I have some lovely woods in at the minute). It will be secured with another brass rod and split ring.

Colours are chocolate brown and roan, which is a sort of pale red.

For 2 inch strops, same length, starting price is £25, then the same for other additions

So, for example -

if i wanted a 3 incher, with a hemp strap too and a wooden handle on each, that would be:
£35 for basic
£10 for hemp canvas
2X£15 for wooden handles
= £75

Pm me to tell me what you want, and discuss colour and wood handle options.

Sorry for the long post gents, but I want to get it right, and get some good strops out of this.

Numbers are limited, so if you want one, get in touch quick! first come first serve, and only payment holds your strop.

Will get around to posting pics for colour purposes shortly.

Thanks!

Do we have an indication of price for this - or is that something better done by pm?

I have a Neil Miller kangaroo strop but I mistreated it quite badly - it is very pliable and I didn't notice that I was creating tiny cuts right at the bottom and I then put a diagonal cut when a razor slipped slightly as I was honing it. So I sanded it down and added some neatsfoot oil and use it post shave now so that the razor gets a coating of oil on the edge before storage.

All this is a very long way of saying that I wouldn't mind having a new one.
Bloody hell Rob, if the likes of you want one then my quality really does need to be top notch! Bit intimidated if I'm honest!

Back
Top Bottom